|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Labels||Sony Music Japan, JPU Records (Europe)|
Spyair (stylized as SPYAIR) is a Japanese rock band from Nagoya, formed in 2005. The band members are Ike (vocals), UZ (guitar/programming), Momiken (bass) and Kenta (drums).
The band was formed in 2005 and self-produced many works up until 2009 when they signed with the Indie label U-Project. While with U-Project, they first released "Japanication" and "Kanjou Discord" until being signed to a major record deal with Sony Music in 2010. Their major debut single, "Liar", was released on August 11, 2010. The title song was used as the theme song for the television drama Hammer session!. It was then followed by "Last Moment", which was used as the 25th ending for the TV anime series Bleach.
On June 8, 2011, Spyair released their fourth single, "Samurai Heart (Some Like it Hot)", which was used as the 17th ending theme to the Gin Tama anime series. In early 2012, "My World" was used as the second ending for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. The song "0 Game (Love Game)" was used as an official soundtrack for the 2012 film The Amazing Spider-Man. They will also sing the newest opening for Gin Tama.
Their new single "Naked" was released on September 5, 2012. Following the release was an announcement for their second album, "Just Do It", which featured 12 tracks including "My World", "0 Game" and "Naked".
Another single, "Wendy ~It's You~", was announced. The song was used as the theme song for drama series "Koi Suru Hae Onna" which started airing on November.
After releasing "Wendy ~It's You~", ENZEL☆ announced that he was leaving the band after their Nippon Budokan concert on December 18.
On December 18, the band successfully held their first live concert at the Nippon Budokan. They performed a total of 21 songs which included their latest singles. This concert was ENZEL☆'s last performance with the group. After the concert was another announcement for a new single, "Sakura Mitsutsuki", to be released on March 13. It will also be used as the opening theme song for Gin Tama for the month of January.
On September 23 Spyair's third studio album Million was released in the UK, Europe and Russia by JPU Records. The CD version of the release included three bonus tracks; "Last Moment", "Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)" and "My World".
- IKE (vocals)
- UZ (guitar/programming)
- MOMIKEN (bass)
- KENTA (drums)
- DJ Enzel (DJ)
- Rockin' the World (2011.09.21)
- Just Do It (2012.09.19)
- Million (2013.08.07)
- "Liar" (2010.08.11)
- "Last Moment" (2010.12.01) (Bleach 25th ending theme)
- "Japanication" (2011.03.16)
- "Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)" (2011.06.08) (Gintama 17th ending theme)
- "Beautiful Days" (2011.08.24) (Don Quixote (TV series) theme song)
- "My World" (2012.03.14) (Gundam Age second ending theme)
- "0 Game" (2012.06.27) (The Amazing Spider-Man theme song)
- "Naked" (2012.09.05)
- "Wendy ~It's You~" (2012.11.21)
- "Sakura Mitsu Tsuki (2013.03.06) (Gintama 13th opening theme)
- "Niji" (2013.5.29) (Sennyu Tantei Tokage theme song)
- "Genjo Destruction" (2013.7.3) (Gintama: The Movie: The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya theme song)
- "Just One Life" (2013.11.13) (Samurai Flamenco theme song)
- Official website (Japanese)