|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2012)|
|Industry||Technology and strategic consulting|
|Founded||1978Ernst Volgenauby Dr.|
|Headquarters||Fair Lakes, Virginia
(Fairfax mailing address)
|Key people||Dr. William L. Ballhaus, President and CEO|
|Products||GangNet, Geollect, NetOwl, One View Analyst|
|Revenue||$1.66 billion (FY 2010)|
|Owners||Providence Equity Partners|
SRA International, Inc. is an information technology services and solutions consulting company incorporated as Systems Research and Applications Corporation in 1976 and beginning operations in 1978. Founded by Ernst Volgenau, it is headquartered in Fair Lakes, Virginia, and employs more than 5,200 people worldwide. William L. Ballhaus is the current President and Chief Executive Officer.
SRA provides information technology services to clients in national security, civil government, and health care and public health. Its largest market, national security, includes the Department of Defense, Homeland Security, US Army, US Air Force, and intelligence agencies.
- Intelligence, Homeland Security and Law Enforcement
- Civil Government
- Agile for Government
- CRO Services
- Cyber security
- Engineering Services
- Enterprise Logistics
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Health Research and Program Support
- Information Management
- ITIL Based Service Delivery
- IT, Systems, and Infrastructure
- Management Consulting
- Security and Privacy
- Energy & Environment
- Cloud Computing
- Knowledge Management
- Mobile Computing
- One View Analyst
Ramble for Blackberry SRA created Ramble for Blackberry which allows BlackBerry users to access the AOL Instant Messenger network. The application is free for use and will function on BlackBerry devices version 4.0 or higher.
Clients and Partners
SRA currently serves more than 250 government clients on 750+ active jobs. No single job accounts for more than 13 percent of the Company’s revenue during any of the last three fiscal years. For each of the last three fiscal years, the Company has been the prime contractor on jobs representing more than 86 percent of its total revenue.
|Centers for Disease Control (CDC)||Adobe|
|Department of Defense (DoD)|
|Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)||Hewlett Packard|
|Department of Homeland Security (DHS)||Hummingbird|
|Department of the Treasury||IBM|
|Departments of the Army, Navy, and Air Force||Metastorm|
|Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)||Microsoft|
|Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)||Oracle|
|Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)||Planview|
|Food and Drug Administration (FDA)||RIM|
|General Services Administration (GSA)||SAP America|
|Government Accountability Office (GAO)||Solutions Made Simple, Inc. (SMSi)|
|Department of Energy (DOE)|
|Joint Chiefs of Staff||SPSS|
|National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)||TIBCO Software|
|National Institutes of Health (NIH)||Troux|
|Office of the Secretary of Defense||WebMethods|
Major contract awards
- June 2014 – SRA Wins $350 Million Contract to Provide IT & Communications Services to AFRICOM and EUCOM
- January 2010 – SRA was awarded a $98 million contract from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to work with FDA's Offices of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) and Information Management to design, develop and implement IT solutions that better automate field operations
- March 2009 – SRA was awarded a $117 million task order for the Government Accountability Office (GAO) Information Systems and Technology Services (ISTS) Phoenix Program to provide customer support and help desk assistance; server and wide area network infrastructure operations/maintenance and engineering services; security; software development; and enterprise architecture support.
- February 2009 – SRA was awarded a $200 million Task Order by the General Services Administration's (GSA) Federal Acquisition Services (FAS) to provide ICT services to support United States European Command (USEUCOM) and United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM).
- May 2008 – SRA was awarded a $200 million Blanket Purchase Agreement from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to enhance the capabilities of its scientific research arm—the Office of Research and Development (ORD) Software Engineering and Specialized Scientific Support (SES3).
- April 2008 – SRA won a $108 million contract from DoD to support software development and deployment by providing program management, acquisition and finance support, information assurance, logistics and technical management.
- October 2007 – the U.S. Navy awarded SRA a $79.6 million Task Order to provide program and acquisition management support to the U.S. Navy's Networks, Information Assurance and Enterprise Services Program Office (PMW160).
- November 2006 – GSA awarded SRA a $90.5 million U.S. Department of Agriculture Task Order to provide the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) with information technology services to develop and maintain a new system to improve the procurement, delivery, and management of commodities for domestic and foreign food assistance programs operated throughout the world.
- May 2006 – U.S. Agency for International Development awarded a $125 million contract to SRA to provide information technology and advisory services to support the USAID Office of Economic Growth, Agriculture and Trade (EGAT)..
- April 2005 – EPA awarded a $148 million ITS-BISS contract to SRA to provide IT advisory and assistance services to support EPA's information management policy, planning, and program management needs.
- March 2005 – GSA awarded SRA a $86.4 million Missile Defense Agency Contract to provide IT services to support an enterprise information management system (EIMS) for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- September 2004 – GSA awarded $341 million Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Task Order to SRA to provide comprehensive enterprise-wide IT services to support the FDIC technology infrastructure.
- December 2012 - SRA announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire acquisition of the National Security Solutions Group of Morgan Franklin.
- July 2011 - SRA announced the completion of its acquisition by an affiliate of Providence Equity Partners in an all-cash transaction.
- April 2011 - SRA announced its entry into a definitive merger agreement under which SRA would be acquired by an affiliate of Providence Equity Partners in an all-cash transaction.
- October 2010 – SRA announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire Platinum Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of systems integration and collaborative solutions for the federal government.
- January 2010 – SRA signs agreement to acquire Perrin Quarles Associates (PQA), Inc., a privately held environmental consulting firm that specializes in environmental program development and implementation for air quality and climate change.
- July 2008 – SRA announced the completion of the acquisition of Era Systems Group(descriptor) and Interface and Control Systems (ICS) (descriptor).
- August 2007 – SRA announced the completion of the acquisition of Constella Group, LLC, a privately held global provider of health consulting services of 1,500 employees, headquartered in Durham, North Carolina.
- October 2006 – SRA announced the completion of the acquisition of RABA Technologies, LLC, a privately held provider of high-end technical services to the national security and intelligence communities.
- April 2006 – SRA acquired Mercomms Unlimited, Inc., which specializes in advanced maritime and defense communications technologies for the federal government.
- November 2005 – SRA acquired Spectrum Solutions Group, Inc., a provider of enterprise solutions to clients throughout the federal government.
- July 2005 – SRA purchased Galaxy Scientific Corporation, a provider of systems engineering, information technology, and tactical communications services and solutions to the federal government.
- April 2005 – SRA acquired Touchstone Consulting Group, Inc., a privately held management consultancy with an established track record of serving senior executives in the federal government.
- January 2004 – SRA purchased ORION Scientific Systems, a privately held company focused on counterterrorism and counterintelligence.
- January 2003 – SRA acquired Adroit Systems, Inc. for its expertise in the areas of command and control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR).
- January 2002 – SRA acquired The Marasco Newton Group, Ltd., a provider of information technology, environmental policy, and management solutions primarily to the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Dr. William L. Ballhaus, President & Chief Executive Officer
- George Batsakis, Executive Vice President, National Security Group
- Patrick Burke, Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Offier
- Tom Nixon, Executive Vice President, Growth
- Paul Nedzbala, Executive Vice President, Health and Civil Group
- Timothy J. Atkin, Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer
- Anne M. Donohue, Esq., Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- David Keffer, Vice President & Acting Chief Financial Officer
- John Reing, Senior Vice President, Human Resources
SRA is headquartered in Fair Lakes, Virginia, and has offices in 21 states in the United States and in four countries.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia