|Traded as||NASDAQ: SSNC|
|Founded||1986 as Securities Software & Consulting Inc|
|Headquarters||Windsor, Connecticut, United States|
|Bill Stone, CEO & Chairman|
|Products||Fund Administration, Regulatory Reporting, Client Reporting, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement, Performance Reporting, Portfolio Accounting, Portfolio Management, Reconciliation, Risk Management|
Number of employees
SS&C Technologies (commonly referred to as SS&C) is a global provider of investment and financial software-enabled services and software focused exclusively on the global financial services industry. SS&C answers the outsourcing needs of the insurance, asset management, REIT industries, alternative investments, and other financial services industries by offering tailored solutions. These include account administration, asset valuation, compliance processing, data gathering, investment accounting and valuation, performance measurement, reconciliation, regulatory reporting and statement generation.
Founded in 1986 and listed on NASDAQ (NASDAQ: SSNC), SS&C has its headquarters in Windsor, Connecticut and offices around the world.
SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone and went public in 1996. In 2005 the company was acquired by entities affiliated with The Carlyle Group and was taken private. SS&C again became a public company in 2010, and trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker SSNC. Mr. Stone has been the company's CEO and Chairman of the Board since inception.
Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 40 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. 
- 2014: Acquisition of Advent Software.
- 2014: Acquisition of DST Global Solutions - SS&C Expands Investment Management Software and Services Offerings by Acquiring DST Global Solutions 
- 2013: Acquisition of Prime Management Limited - Acquisition Provides SS&C Entry to Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) Administration Market 
- 2012: SS&C completed its largest acquisition to date, GlobeOp Financial Services.
- 2012: Thomson Reuters PORTIA, for $170 million.
- 2011: BDO Simpson Xavier Fund Administration
- 2011: BenefitsXML
- 2011: Teledata Communications (TCI)
- 2010: thinklink, from TD Amerittrade Holdings.
- 2010: Tradeware Global
- 2009: TheNextRound
- 2009: MAXIMIS, from Unisys Corporation.
- 2009: Evare, LLC.
- 2008: Micro Design Services (MDS)