|Founded||Parsippany, New Jersey (1989)|
|Headquarters||Mount Arlington, NJ, USA|
|Key people||Donald J. Surdoval (President & CEO), Doug Culmone (COO), Al Chambers (Sr. VP, Finance & Administration), John Stauffer (VP, Product Design), Dom Costantino (VP, Application Development, NJ), Mike Alvord (VP, Application Development, NJ), Steve Ross (VP, Application Development, FL), Marilyn Durning (VP, Client Services)|
|Products||Vision9 ERP  Vision9 Cloud Subscription.|
STORIS, Inc. or STORIS is a privately owned American company that provides Omni-channel retail business software to the home furnishing retailing industry. STORIS' clients consist of retailers who operate Ethan Allen, Ashley, Bassett, and Mattress Firm showrooms. Additionally, other top 100 retailers such as Badcock Home Furniture, Arhaus, Mathis Brothers, and American Furniture Warehouse are part of the STORIS client network.
STORIS, Inc. was originally founded in 1989 by Ira Bakst and Donald J. Surdoval. The company was formed after Donald J. Surdoval and Ira Bakst purchased the STORIS division from the Ultimate Corporation. In August 2003, Ira Bakst retired from STORIS. Since then, Donald Surdoval has led the company as its President and Chief Executive Officer.
Corporate headquarters for STORIS is located in Mount Arlington, New Jersey. An additional Research & Development office is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida. STORIS employs approximately 100 people. STORIS was recognized for its excellence as the 2012 Outstanding Employer by the New Jersey Business & Industry Association.
STORIS targets the furniture, bedding, consumer electronics, home appliances, lighting, billiards, fitness equipment, and music retail markets. STORIS conducts business both domestically and internationally throughout North America, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Canada, China, and Mexico.
STORIS is best known for their Vision9, Retail Business Software products products: The Vision9 Enterprise platform is designed for the high volume retailers who use their own server to host the STORIS system. The Vision9 application is also available in a hosted Cloud subscription service which is offered to lower volume, big-ticket retailers, who access their STORIS account via an internet/web environment.
STORIS software provides functionality for processing of Point-of-Sale, Inventory Control, Supply Chain & Procurement, Logistics, Warehouse Management, ecommerce, Payables, Receivables, Financing, Revolving & Installment Contract statement cycling, Accounting, and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Furniture World Magazine (March 14, 2011): STORIS Continues Enhancements in New 8.8 Release.
- Home Furnishings Business (January 28, 2010): Storis lands 4 Bedding Clients.
- Furniture Today (September 15, 2003): STORIS founder Bakst retires.
- CoStar Group (June 13, 2005): STORIS Moves to Mount Arlington Corp. Center.
- Furniture World Magazine (May 1, 2000): STORIS Expands Research and Development Office.
- NJBIA (October 16, 2012):STORIS receives 2012 Outstanding Employer Award
- Home Furnishings Business (April 22, 2011): Serta Partners With STORIS.
- Furniture Today (May 20, 2002): Storis providing systems for store chain in China.
- Furniture Today Magazine (August 12, 2013):STORIS Updates Vison9 Software
- Furniture World Magazine (March 30, 2010): Retailer American Furniture Warehouse Completes Upgrade to STORIS' Vision R8.
- Furniture World Magazine (July 3, 2008): Top 100 Furniture Retailer, C.S. Wo, Enters Into Agreement To Use STORIS.
- Furniture World Magazine (February 10, 2006): Hawaiian Retailer To Use STORIS’ Vision R8 Cloud Application.