|Stable release||v2013.build.58 / November 13, 2013|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|License||Advertisement supported freeware|
SUPER (Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer) is a closed-source adware front-end for open-source software video players and encoders provided by the FFmpeg, MEncoder, MPlayer, x264, ffmpeg2theora, musepack, Monkey's Audio, True Audio, WavPack, libavcodec, and the Theora/Vorbis RealProducer plugIn projects. SUPER provides a graphical user interface to these back-end programs, which are command-line based.
SUPER can manipulate and produce many multimedia file formats supported by its back-end programs.
Back-end program features supported by SUPER include saving various streaming protocols (mms, rtsp, and http), conversion of Flash Video to other formats, and user-controlled conversion of video between different container formats. Users can chose between various lossless direct audio/video transfers between container formats or lossy video/audio encoding, with encoding possessing the added ability to change video and audio specifications such as bitrate, frame rate, audio channels, resolution, sampling rate, and aspect ratio. SUPER is also able to utilize its back-end's built-in media players, allowing playback of supported video and audio formats.
SUPER (software) on Facebook eRightSoft is announcing the implementation in v2013.Build.58 of: HEVC/H.265 video wrapped inside Matroska, QuickTime, MP4 containers and VP9 video wrapped inside Matroska, WebM containers
Input file format support
- Microsoft Digital Video Recording (DVR-MS)
- FLIC animation (FLI and FLC)
- GXF General Exchange Format
- Flash Video (FLV)
- MPEG (both MPEG-1 and MPEG-2)
- Matroska (MKV)
- MPEG-4 Part 14 container (MP4)
- MPEG transport stream (TS and M2T and TRP)
- OGM Theora/Vorbis
- Old PlayStation (STR)
- QuickTime movie (MOV and QT)
- RealVideo (RM and RMVB)
- Shockwave Flash (SWF)
- TiVo (TMF and TY and TY+)
- VivoActive (VIV)
- DVD video files (VOB)
- Windows Media Video (WMV)
- Monkey's Audio Lossless (APE)
- Musepack audio SV7 & SV8(MPC)
- Ogg Vorbis
- RealAudio (RA)
- True Audio Lossless (TTA)
- SMAF cell phone audio (MMF)
- WavPack Audio Lossless (WV)
- Operating System: Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Administrator privileges (if installed on Administrative account then subsequently converted to a Limited account during the same session, the program will work on the limited)
- 1.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor or equivalent (64-bit CPU or OS support is NOT guaranteed)
- 512MB of RAM with 176MB available.
- 20GB of free space on the Hard disk where the OS is installed
- 1024 × 768 video resolution or larger
- 32,000-color video or more
- IE 5.01 or later
- Internet connection
SUPER is capable of working on machines with lesser capabilities; the actual minimum system requirements depend fully on the back-end programs and settings chosen by the program user.
- Fernando Cassia (31 July 2006), Don't buy any video converter before trying this freebie, The Inquirer
- (German) Benjamin Blaume (28 June 2008), SUPER: Der kostenlose Alles-Konvertierer, Chip.de
- Doug Sahlin, Chris Botello, YouTube for Dummies, For Dummies, 2007, ISBN 0-470-14925-6, pp. 183–184
- Rick Broida, How to Do Everything with Your Zune, McGraw-Hill Professional, 2007, ISBN 0-07-149070-1, pp. 183–185
- (German) Ulrich Bruegmann, Divx R.t.f.m. - Divx 6, Lulu.com, 2006, ISBN 1-84728-676-3, pp. 273–274
- Sutlej Soin, The Screening Room, Singapore Hardware Mag, May 2008, p. 95