S Voice on the Samsung Galaxy S III
|Initial release||May 30, 2012|
|Operating system||Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1 Jelly Bean and 4.2 Jelly Bean, 4.3 Jelly Bean|
|Available in||English, Arabic, French, Spanish, Korean, Italian, Russian and German|
|Type||Intelligent personal assistant|
S Voice is an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator which is only available as a built-in application for the Samsung Galaxy S III, S III Mini (including NFC Variant), S4, S4 Mini, S II Plus, Note II, Note 3, Note 10.1, Note 8.0, Stellar, Mega, Grand, Core, Ace 3, Tab 3 7.0, Tab 3 8.0, Tab 3 10.1 and Camera. The application uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of Web services. It is based on the Vlingo personal assistant.
Some of the capabilities of S Voice include making appointments, opening apps, setting alarms, updating social network websites such as Facebook or Twitter and navigation. S Voice also offers efficient multitasking as well as automatic activation features, for example when the car engine is started.
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 3
- Samsung Galaxy Camera
- Samsung Galaxy Core
- Samsung Galaxy Express
- Samsung Galaxy Gear
- Samsung Galaxy Grand
- Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
- Samsung Galaxy Round
- Samsung Galaxy S II Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar
- Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
- Samsung Galaxy Victory
- Samsung Galaxy XCover 2
- Siri, a voice assistant for Apple iOS devices.
- Google Now, a similar assistant on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Wollman, Dana (3 May 2012). "Samsung announces SmartStay and S Voice features for the Galaxy S III". Engadget. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- Lunden, Ingrid (3 May 2012). "Samsung: The Death Of The Spec Gives Way To The Birth Of The Human Touch". TechCrunch. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "Samsung’s New S-Voice Is Just A Skinned Version Of Vlingo Labs Beta on Google Play".
- "Samsung GALAXY S4". CaCELL. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- Dolcourt, Jessie. "Samsung's S Voice Drive app might not suck (hands-on)". Cnet. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
|This mobile software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|