The Saâne river (Biville-la-Rivière)
|Mouth||English Channel Coordinates:|
|Source elevation||158 m|
|Basin area||270 km²|
The Saâne has its source in the Pays de Caux in the territory of the hamlet of Varvannes, in the commune of Val-de-Saâne. Taking a northward journey, it flows through the communes of Saâne-Saint-Just, Auzouville-sur-Saâne, Biville-la-Rivière, Brachy, Gueures, Ouville-la-Rivière and Longueil and meets the English Channel between Quiberville and Sainte-Marguerite-sur-Mer. At Longueil, not far from the mouth, the flow is relatively low, at 2.6 m/s, because of the small size of the watershed (270 km), however, at Gueures, on the right bank, a significant tributary, the Vienne river, 15 km in length, joins with the Saane. Like most other rivers in the region, the Saâne is classified as a first class river, offering anglers the chance to catch trout and salmon.
- Albert Hennetier, Aux sources normandes: Promenade au fil des rivières en Seine-Maritime, Ed. Bertout, Luneray, 2006 ISBN|2867436230
- The Saâne on the Sandre website (French)
- Accès aux villes et villages de France du Quid (French)
- French Geography website (French)
- http://sandre.eaufrance.fr/app/chainage/courdo/htm/G4--0200.php?cg=G4--0200 consulted 11 october 2008
- Station hydrologique de Longueil. Données hydrologiques, code de la station : G4202010. Consulted 11 june 2008.
- The Saane The Saane on the Natura 2000 website.
- This article is based on the equivalent article from the French Wikipedia, consulted on October 15th 2008.
|This Seine-Maritime geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|