Saul (given name)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Saúl)
Saul is the given name. It is of Hebrew origin (Shaul), meaning "ask/question".
People with this given name include:
- King Saul, First King of Israel
- Saul Alinsky, American liberal political activist
- Saúl Armendáriz, Mexican professional wrestler
- Saul Bass, graphic designer whose works include credits to films like Psycho, Vertigo, Casino and West Side Story
- Saul Bellow, the 1976 Nobel Prize winner for Literature
- Saul Fathi, Iraqi born Jewish author
- Saul Hudson (Slash), British-American musician, the ex-guitarist of Guns N' Roses and Slash's Snakepit, currently with Velvet Revolver
- Saul Kripke, American philosopher and logician.
- Saul Landau, American scholar, author, commentator and filmmaker.
- Saul Leiter, American photographer, early user of color photography in fine art.
- Saul Milton, British musician, member of Chase & Status.
- Saul Malone, main character in the television show Saul of the Mole Men
- Saul Raisin, professional road bicycle racer with UCI ProTeam Crédit Agricole.
- Saul Rogovin, American major league baseball player
- Saul Rubinek, German-born Canadian actor and director
- Saul Shapiro, American known for public policy development on digital broadcast.
- Saul Steinberg, Romanian-born American cartoonist and illustrator.
- Saul Stokes, American musician known for making electronic music with handmade instruments.
- Saul Williams, American poet, actor and musician
- Saul Zaentz, filmmaker and owner of Fantasy Records
- Saul, Spanish footballer playing for SD Ponferradina
- Saúl Berjón, Spanish footballer known as Saúl
- Shaul Ladany – Israeli world-record-holding racewalker, Bergen-Belsen survivor, Munich Massacre survivor, and Professor of Industrial Engineering
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|