|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (June 2013)|
|Developer(s)||Virtual Global, Inc.|
|Stable release||2.0 / 21 May 2013|
SaaS Maker is a cloud computing PaaS product by Virtual Global, Inc., allowing developers to construct SaaS Data-base Centric multitenant applications for internal or business usage. The product has grown from TeamLeader project developed by Virtual Global, a self-funded startup venture founded in 2003 and owned by Cary Landis in Morgantown, WV.
- 2003: Virtual Global Rockwise was founded with the registered trade name Rockwise, Inc.
- Nov 2005: Virtual Global releases TeamLeader, a team management system 
- 2006-2007: Migration of TeamLeader to an extensible Web-based platform architecture called TeamHost, under NASA grant at Glenn Research Center.
- May 2008: TeamLeader implemented on Amazon EC2 for the NASA Dust Management Project 
- Mar 2009: Web-based platform moved into a separate product offering named TeamHost 
- Dec 2010: Virtual Global launches HITplatform as a set of online tools for implementing electronic medical records solutions, on the TeamHost Platform. This product includes role-based workflow (RBW) - a web service implementing NIST invention entitled "Workflow management employing role-based access control".
- Nov 2012: Virtual Global renames TeamHost to SaaS Maker.
- May 2013: Virtual Global releases SaaS Maker 2.0 with a .Net SDK 
SaaS Maker is written in ASP.NET and uses MS SQL or Firebird RDBMS for managing application databases. Platform is portable across data centers, and natively hosted on Amazon EC2 as a Virtual Global enterprise cloud platform. SOAP API enables developers to extend functionality by 3rd party services. SaaS Maker includes an ASP.NET SDK for developing 3rd party plug-ins which can be uploaded into SaaS Maker platform and used by hosted applications.
- Cloud Computing and Service Management Platform Services, Prof. Dr. Kristof Kloeckner, IBM
- Power of the PaaS – A Review of SaaS Maker by techie.com
- Virtual Global's New Platform-as-a-Service Gives Developers a Free Path to the Cloud
- findthecompany.com: Virtual Global, Inc in Morgantown, West Virginia
- eworldwire.com: Virtual Team Software Saves Gas
- Virtual Global Health IT Platform Solves Patient Privacy Problems
- NASATEAM.COM & PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2.0
- Web 2.0 and its implementation in national aeronautics and space administration (nasa)
- businesswire.com: Virtual Global Launches the TeamHost Cloud Computing System
- nist.gov: SBIR Success Story: Rockwise, Inc. (DBA Virtual Global, Inc.)
- nist.gov: FY 2009 Phase 2 Award Winner
- cloudipedia.com: Spring 2013 Tech Review – SaaS Maker 2.0 to Build Business Applications on the Cloud
- SaaS Maker Product Paper
- AWS Case Study: Cloudberry Lab