15 March 1949 |
|Alma mater||University of the Punjab|
|Children||4 (Three Daughters, One Son)|
In 1963, Saadat Saeed passed his matriculation from Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Lahore. After passing Intermediate from the same board in 1965 he got admission in University of the Punjab. He got his first degree with a roll of honour and scholarship in 1967. In 1969, Saadat Saeed stood first in M.A. Urdu and received a gold medal. In 1988 he completed his PhD from the same university.
In 1970, Saadat Saeed started his career as a lecturer from Govt. Islamia College, Lyallpur (Faisalabad). Three years after, he was transferred to Govt. Islamia College, (Railway Road) Lahore. He joined Government College, Lahore in 1986 as lecturer. After some time, he was first promoted as Assistant Professor and then Associate Professor in 1995. He was transferred to Government College, Asghar Mall, Rawalpindi as Professor in 1999. After serving a few months there, he moved to Ankara University, Turkey as Chairman Ankara Urdu Chair. In 2004, he returned to Pakistan and again joined GC University, Lahore as Foreign Professor.
- Jayhat Numayee (Studies in Contemporary Short story) Published by Dastavez Matboaat Lahore. 1995
- Fun Aur Khaliq (Studies in contemporary Poetry) Dastavez Matboaat Lahore.
- Iqbal aik Saqafti Tnazur Dastavez Matboaat Lahore.1998
- Kajli Bun (Poems) Published by Sang-e-Meel publication Lahore 1988.
- Adab Aur Nafi-e-Adab Dastavez Matboaat Lahore.1999
- Iqbal and The Sahiwal (Editor) Published by Iqbal Academy Lahore
- Ibn – e – Arabi Ka Nazria – e – Wahdat ul Wajood (Editor) Published by Iqbal – Shariati Foundation Lahore
- Chand Waqt Translation from Turkish poetry Maktba Al Farooq Wahdat Road Lahore 1998.
- Bansry Chup Hey Dastavez Matboat Urdu Bazar Lahore.
- Fanoon Asob Maktaba Alblag Urdu Bazar Lahore
Books under Print
- Western Philosophies a Critical Evaluation Victory Books Lahore.
- The Philosophical Terminology in Arabic and Persian (Translation) Idara – e – Saqafat – e – Islamia Lahore.
- Jamil-u-din AAli Ki Shairy, Dastavez Matboaat Lahore.
- New Poetry (Possibility and Reality) Dastavez Matboaat Lahore.
- N.M. Rashid (Life and Works) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Majeed Amjad and his age Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Hanif Nadavi Ki Ilmi aur Adabi Khidmat Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Philosophical Basis of Modern Times. Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Reflections (100 Articles Published in The Daily News Lahore.) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Adabi Makalmay (Interviews of Famous literary personalities published in various literary magazines) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Adbi Mazakray (discussions on significant literary topics published in daily Jang Lahore.) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Prefaces and Introductions (Published in various literary books) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Funon Ashob (Long Poem for the exploration of historical and intellectual perspective of music, painting, dance, poetry, calligraphy and architecture. Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Ilhan (Sound poetry) Maktaba Nasim Lahore. Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Shanakht (Prose poetry) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Mun Haran (Love poetry) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Barf kay Phool (Translation of poetry from Denmark) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Jadid Farsi Shairy (Translation of modern Poems from Iran) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
- Khema -e- Gurbat (Translation from international poetry) Maktaba Nasim Lahore.
Tehzib Jadidiat Aur Hum by Dr Ali Shariati published by Iqbal- Shariati Foundation Lahore. 1990
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|