Sabir Ali (politician)
For Indian athlete from Haryana, India and A Arjun Awardee, see Sabir Ali
Sabir Ali (b 18/07/1970 Kanna (Dumariya), Distt. East Champaran (Bihar) )is politician from Bihar state of India. He was member of Rajya Sabha from Bihar during 2008-2014. He was a member of the Janata Dal (United) but was expelled from the party in March 2014 for praising Narendra Modi and his "plans and policies". Subsequently he joined BJP. He said that "had seen so called secular parties from close quarters due to his association with them and there is a difference between what they preach and what they practice", accusing them of trying to cheat Muslims in the name of secularism.
On 28 March 2014 he joined Bharatiya Janata Party. However, his induction into the party was met with severe criticism from in and out of the party. BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi tweeted "Terrorist Bhatkal friend join BJP…soon accepting Dawood…", which was largely seen in reference to Ali's joining the Party. Ali however said that he was innocent and would quit politics if his involvement was proved. On 29 March, his BJP membership was cancelled. On 28 May 2014,Sabir Ali met Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi,and he withdrew his defamation case against Naqvi.
- "JDU expels MP Sabir Ali for praising Narendra Modi". CNN - IBN. 24 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Sabir Ali expelled from JD (U) for Modi praise". Indian Express.
- "Expelled JD(U) MP Sabir Ali joins BJP ahead of Lok Sabha elections". Economic Times. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Expelled JD(U) MP Sabir Ali joins BJP". Indian Express.
- "Sabir Ali joins BJP". Business Standard.
- "Shri SabirAli".
- "Naqvi protests expelled JD(U) leader’s entry into BJP". The Hindu. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Ex-JDU Leader Sabir Ali ousted from Bharatiya Janata Party". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Sabir Ali meets Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, withdraws case against latter". Zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Sabir Ali withdraws defamation case filed against Naqvi 11352843". Jagran.com. 2014-05-29. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Sabir Ali withdraws defamation case filed against Naqvi". Business Standard. 2014-05-28. Retrieved 2014-06-05.