||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2012)|
|Headquarters||Southlake, Texas, United States|
|Key people||Tom Klein, CEO & President
Sam Gilliland, Chairman
Rick Simonson, CFO
Sabre Airline Solutions
Sabre Travel Network
|Revenue||US$2.9 billion (2008)|
|Owner(s)||Silver Lake Partners
Sabre, Inc. (TSG) is an American privately held travel technology company, encompassing four business units: Sabre Airlines Solutions, Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Travelocity. Sabre provides software to travel agencies, corporations, travelers, airlines, hotels, car, rail, cruise and tour operator companies. Divisions within each of these groups also service the business or corporate travel market.
- Sabre Travel Network makes use of the Sabre global distribution system (GDS) to sell airline trips, hotel stays, car rentals, cruises, and tour packages through travel agencies and online travel agencies (OTAs).
- Sabre Airline Solutions provides software and services to airlines and other travel providers.
- Travelocity is Sabre's own online agency, selling travel products direct to travellers.
- Sabre Hospitality Solutions provides a reservations system, marketing and distribution software, and Internet marketing and e-business solutions to hoteliers.
Other key Sabre Holdings brands include the following:
- Sabre Hotel RFP (formerly BidStork)
- World Choice Travel
- Flight Explorer
- f:wz flugwerkzeuge
On December 12, 2006, private-equity firms TPG Capital and Silver Lake Partners announced a deal to buy Sabre Holdings Corp. for about $4.5 billion in cash, plus the assumption of $550 million in debt. Sabre joined its three primary GDS competitors, Galileo, Amadeus, and Worldspan, as being privately owned.
On June 6, 2007, Sabre Holdings acquired Bethesda-based E-site Marketing, which specializes in online business applications for the hospitality industry.
On September 28, 2010, Sabre Holdings acquired Austrian Flight planning company f:wz aviation software GmbH.
- "TSG - Sabre Holdings 2008 Earnings Conference Call". Thomson StreetEvents. Thomson Financial. 5 March 2009. p. 4. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- "Sabre Holdings Company Overview". Hoover's. 2009. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- Sabre Holdings acquires flight planning company f:wz