|Beauty pageant titleholder|
3 July 1986
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Title(s)||Miss Australia 2006|
Sabrina Houssami (born 3 July 1986) is a former Miss World Australia, as well as Miss World Asia Pacific and second 2nd runner up to Miss World 2006. She gained the national title although she did not officially win the national competition. The Miss World Australia organisation cancelled the pageant for that year, due to the Miss World pageant being postponed for 3 months, and gave Houssami the title directly as she was the previous year's runner up.
Houssami was born in the city of Sydney, initially lived in the Sydney suburb of Kemps Creek, and eventually moved to the riverside suburb of Georges Hall. She attended Sefton High School for her secondary education. Her father Ahmad is Muslim-Lebanese.
She represented Australia at Miss World 2006 and placed 3rd, taking the 2nd runner up position, as well as winning the title Miss World Asia Pacific. She also tied with Miss India World to make the semi-finals. Both of them had the same scores from the judges.
Houssami handed over the Miss World Australia crown on 4 April 2007.
She appeared on the first series of the Australian version of The Apprentice, which began in September 2009. She was fired on 16 November 2009, finishing in 5th place.
Awards and title
- Miss World Australia 2006
- Miss World Asia Pacific 2006
- Miss World 2006 2nd runner-up
- Miss Grand Slam 2006
- Cummings, Larissa (2 October 2006). "Czech out our Sabrina". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved on 09-12-2009
- Pandaram, Jamie (6 July 2006). "Beauty contest decision simply beastly for some". TheAge.com.au. Retrieved on 09-12-2009
- The University of Sydney (26 May 2006) “Sydney student named Miss World Australia”.. Retrieved on 09-12-2009.
- Braithwaite, David (5 April 2007). “Sydney student crowned Australia's Miss World”. The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved on 09-12-2009.
|Miss World Australia
Eun Young Oh
|Miss World Asia Pacific