|IATA: HIN – ICAO: RKPS
|Airport type||Public domestic / Military airfield|
|Operator||Korean Airports Corporation, Republic of Korea Airforce|
|Location||Sacheon, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea|
|Elevation AMSL||8 m / 25 ft|
Sacheon Airport is an airport in Sacheon, South Korea (IATA: HIN, ICAO: RKPS). It also serves the city of Jinju. The airport passenger service began in 1977 after years of delays. The airport has a small single storey terminal building for domestic flights within South Korea. In 2011, 143,483 passengers utilized the airport.
Airlines & destinations
|Korean Air||Jeju, Seoul-Gimpo|
The airport is also home to a Korea Aerospace Industries, which manufactures military aircraft, satellites and aircraft engines. The T-50 trainers used by the Sacheon Air Base are manufactured by the company on the north side of the airport.
During the Korean War the USAF designated the base K-4.
The ROKAF 10th Fighter Wing was formed at the base in 1951.
The Republic of Korea Air Force operates from Sacheon using trainers and test aircraft at Jinju, which is home to the Republic of Korea Air Force Education and Training Command since 1998. Hangars for the trainers are found on the north and south sides of the airport.
- 3rd Flying Training Wing
- 213 Flight Training Squadron
- 215 Flight Training Squadron
- 217 Flight Training Squadrom
- 236 Flight Training Squadron
- 52 Test Evaluation Group
- 281 Test Evaluation Squadron
- Basic Military Training Wing
- Air Force Aviation Science High School
- Air Force Technical School
- "South Korea Traffic Statistics". airport-information.com.
- Korea Joongang Daily. Mengnews.joinsmsn.com (2011-10-13). Retrieved on 2013-07-12.
- "Chronological Listing of South Korean Losses & Ejections". Ejection-history.org.uk. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
-  (in English)