Sachiin J Joshi
Entrepreneur and actor
7 August 1984 |
Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Spouse(s)||Urvashi Sharma (m. 2012)|
|Parent(s)||Jagdish Mohanlal Joshi (father)|
Sachiin Joshi (born 7 August 1984) is an Indian film actor, producer and son of JMJ Group owner Jagdish Mohanlal Joshi. His hometown is Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He made his Hindi film debut with Aazan in 2011. He married actress-model Urvashi Sharma in February 2012 at JW Marriott Hotel in Mumbai. An entrepreneur by profession, Sachiin J Joshi has also made a mark in the field of acting in both Hindi and Telugu cinema. Sachiin has made lots of movies in the past and every single one of them has failed miserably.
Early life and background
Born and brought up in Pune, and son of the owner and creator of the JMJ group of Industries, Jagdish Joshi. He is the vice-chairman of the JMJ Group of Companies. JMJ deals in hotels, construction, mineral water, gym and spa, and tissues as well as energy drinks. After proving his talent in the business world, he stepped into the glamorous world of films. Sachiin Joshi clarifies after pointed as the Gutka king in a recent interview: "Gutka business is just part of our company. My father was advisor to the Gutka company but we come out from that venture in 2001 but the perception remained because he was the creator".
Sachiin Joshi got married to model and actress Urvashi Sharma in February 2012. They hosted a grand reception at JW Marriott which was attended by a who's-who of the industry to shower their blessings on the couple. She changed her name to Raina Joshi. On 21 January 2014 the couple had a baby girl, who was later named Samaira. Sachiin gifted a Audi Q7 to his mother on her birthday in February 2014.
Sachiin made his debut as a hero in 2002 Telugu film Mounamelanoyi which went quite unnoticed and later starred in 2 more Telugu films, Ninu Chudaka Nenundalenu which released in 2002 and Orey Pandu in 2005.
Later he moved on to Hindi film after a 6-year long sabbatical.
In 2011, Sachiin debuted and co-produced Aazaan, directed by Prashant Chadha, which released in India in October 2011.
Sachiin made his comeback in Tollywood with the remake of Aashiqui 2 in Telugu film and reprised the role played by Aditya Roy Kapur in the Hindi version. He was signed by Ganesh Bandla, the producer for the Telugu project. Also, the film was launched recently in a studio in Hyderabad with the film's actress, Nazia Hussain, who is making her debut with Aashiqui 2.
Joshi was also a lead in the film Jackpot, which was released in December 2013, starring opposite Sunny Leone and Naseeruddin Shah.
Sachiin made his Bollywood debut with Aazaan, a Prashant Chadha directed action film, which released in India in October 2011. The actor who played an army officer in this film was also the co-producer. He starred opposite model Candice Boucher. The film received mixed responses from audiences and critics alike. Aazaan was made under INR400 million (US$6.7 million); it is one of the most expensive films generated that year.
Jackpot, another film of Sachiin, was produced by Viiking Media and Entertainment, released 13 December with Sunny Leone as the lead along with Naseeruddin Shah. Avad M in his review said "Other than Naseeruddin Shah, the entire starcast is below average. If you go in expecting some raunchy scenes featuring Sunny Leone, then you will be cheated big time. Sachin Joshi looks quite odd for his character and his acting capabilities are definitely below par. The concept and the way in which each character tries to con the other has not been showcased properly. The film is let down by some tedious narrative and the entire first half is confusing and takes forever to finish." 
Apart from being a proficient entrepreneur, Sachiin is passionate about sports and cinema. His friends usually address him with different names: “Actor”, “Businessman”, “Crazy Sports enthusiast”, and “Extreme Adventurer”.Sachiin has also ventured into a diversified portfolio of brands including XXX Energy Drink, Life Packaged Drinking Water, One Fitness Hub & Spa, Flamingo Restaurant, The Beatle Hotel and Viiking Entertainment. On 14 April 2015 he inaugurated India's US Themed Hollywood Planet 5 star hotel and beach resort in Goa, in the presence of Gauri Khan, Shahrukh Khan and other Bollywood celebrities.
Sachiin supports the Big Brother foundation, an initiative which aims at helping people in rural areas and bridging the gap between rural and urban. The idea is to provide people in rural areas with basic necessities be it medical care, installing hand pumps, opening schools etc. One village will be picked from each area and would be aided, making it a hub for the other villages nearby. Big Brother strives to inspire and motivate people to contribute at a personal level. Big Brother hopes to make changes at a grass root level, as villages are the heart of the country. The name Big Brother is conceptualised keeping in mind Indian traditional values, where one looks up to the elder brother after the father in the family.
|2002||Ninu Choodaka Nenundalenu||Ganesh||Telugu|
|2011||Aazaan||Aazaan Khan||Hindi||His own production house JMJ Group.|
|2013||Mumbai Mirror||Abhijeet Patil||Hindi||He combines with Prakash Raj as the antagonist.|
|2014||Nee Jathaga Nenundali||Raghav Jayram||Telugu||The Telugu remake of the Bollywood's 2013 musical blockbuster Aashiqui 2 starring Aditya Roy Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor|
- "Sachiin Joshi". FilmiBeat.
- "All the time and money". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 27 February 2011.
- "Bollywood Josh(i)". The Times of India. 17 March 2010.
- "Sachiin Joshi misses cousin's shaadi in Jodhpur". The Times of India. 26 November 2013.
- Sachiin Joshi. Internet Movie Database
- "Shibani Kashyap at Sachin Joshi and Urvashi's wedding reception, held at JW Marriott Hotel in Mumbai". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin, Urvashi ties the knot". The Times of India. 28 February 2012.
- "Sachiin Joshi". koimoi.com.
- "Aashiqui 2 remake with Sachin Joshi and Ankitha Shorey!". CineGola.
- Seema Sinha (21 October 2011). "I faced resistance from the industry: Sachiin Joshi". The Times of India.
- "Stars at Sachiin Joshi, Urvashi Sharma's wedding and more". CNN-IBN.
- "Wedding Reception Of Sachin Joshi And Urvashi Sharma". boxofficeindia.co.in.
- "Sachiin Joshi and Urvashi Sharma become proud parents of a baby girl!". bollywoodlife.com.
- "Sachiin Joshi gifts a Audi Q7 to his mom". bollywood3.com. 6 February 2014
- "Sachiin to play Aditya's role in Telugu version of Aashiqui 2". India Today.
- Desimartini. "Nazia Hussain is the Shraddha Kapoor of Aashiqui 2 Telugu remake". Desimartini.
- "Nazia Hussain in Aashiqui 2 Telugu remake – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin Joshi to play Aditya's role in Telugu version of 'Aashiqui 2'". CNN-IBN.
- "Sachin Joshi in Telugu remake of 'Aashiqui 2'". World News. 10 February 2014
- "Tollywood: âAashiqui 2â remake launched – The Hans India". thehansindia.com. 4 April 2014
- "Aazaan (2011)". Internet Movie Database.
- "Sunny Leone's Jackpot to release on December 13". India Today.
- "Film Review: Jackpot". The Times of India.
- "Movie Review : Jackpot(Sunny Leone)". Bollywood 3.
- "| Video | Sunny Leone is the new face of XXX energy drink | Entertainment Videos | – India Today". India Today.
- "SRK will promote XXX Energy Drinks – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin Joshi lends a helping hand to the poor". tellychakkar.com. 25 April 2014
- "Sachiin Joshi in Telugu remake of Aashiqui 2?". India Today.
- "Sachiin Joshi is a Big Brother now! | STARFRIDAY". wordpress.com.
- Sachiin Joshi is a Big Brother now! mediaticks.com
- "Sachiin Joshi is a Big Brother now". glamgold.com.
- "Sachiin Joshi Promotes Healthy Way of Living," The Times of India, 7 August 2014.
- "AAZAAN-one of the most expensive films of Bollywood – Yahoo! OMG! India". Yahoo!. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "International action company Action Concept to direct stunts for Aazaan". Bollywoodhungama.com. 25 February 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "AZAAN climax to be shot in Chechnya, Russia – bollywood news". glamsham.com. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Around six countries in 70 days – for spy thriller Azaan". boxofficeindia.co.in. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- Hitlist, The (3 June 2011). "'Aazaan' debutant almost lost his eye during filming". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Shahrukh introduces Sachiin Joshi's AAZAAN at IIFA". Bollywood Trade Editorial. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Viewers will enjoy watching 'Aazaan', says Joshi". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Aazaan in Bangkok". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Sachiin J Joshi at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website