Sachiin J Joshi
7 August 1984 |
Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Spouse(s)||Urvashi Sharma (m. 2012)|
|Parents||Jagdish Mohanlal Joshi (father)|
Sachiin Joshi (born 7 August 1984 in Pune) is an Indian film actor, producer and son of JMJ Group owner Jagdish Mohanlal Joshi. His hometown is Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He made his Hindi film debut with Aazan in 2011. He married actress-model Urvashi Sharma in February 2012 at JW Marriott Hotel in Mumbai. An entrepreneur by profession, Sachiin J Joshi is the perfect example of someone who can excel in multiple fields. He is not only a successful businessman, but also made a mark in the field of acting in both Hindi and Telugu cinema.
Early life and background
Born and brought up in Pune,and son of the owner and creator of JMJ group of Industries- Jagdish Joshi, Sachiin J Joshi is a renowned name in the world of business. He is the vice-chairman on the JMJ Group of Companies. JMJ deals in the hotels, construction, mineral water, gym and spa, tissues as well as energy drinks. After proving his talent in the business world, he stepped into the glamorous world of films. Sachiin Joshi clarifies after pointed as the Gutka king in a recent interview: "Gutka business is just part of our company. My father was advisor to the Gutka company but we come out from that venture in 2001 but the perception remained because he was the creator".
Sachiin Joshi got married to model and actress Urvashi Sharma in February 2012. They hosted a grand reception at JW Mariott which was attended who's-who of the industry to shower their blessings on the couple. She changed her name to Raina Joshi. On 21 January 2014 the couple were blessed with a babygirl, who was later named Samaira. Sachiin gifted a swanky Audi Q7 to his mother on her birthday in Feb 2014.
Sachiin made his debut as a hero in 2002 Telugu film Mounamelanoyi which went quite unnoticed and later starred in 2 more Telugu films Ninu Chudaka Nenundalenu which released in 2002 and Orey Pandu in 2005.
Later he moved on to Hindi film after a 6-year long sabbatical.
In 2011, Sachiin debuted and co-produced Aazaan,- directed by Prashant Chadha, which released in India in October 2011.
Sachiin made his comeback in Tollywood with the remake of Aashiqui 2 in Telugu film and reprised the role played by Aditya Roy Kapur in the Hindi version. He was signed by Ganesh Bandla, the producer for the Telugu project. Also, the film was launched recently in a studio in Hyderabad with the film's actress, Nazia Hussain, who is making her debut with Aashiqui 2.
Joshi was also a lead in the film Jackpot, which was released in December 2013, starring opposite Sunny Leone and Naseeruddin Shah.
Sachiin made his Bollywood debut with Aazaan- a Prashant Chadha directed action film, which released in India in October 2011. The actor who played an army officer in this film was also the co-producer. He was starred opposite model Candice Boucher. The film received mixed responses from audiences and critics alike. Aazaan was made under INR400 million (US$6.7 million) it is one of most expensive film generated that year.
Apart from being a proficient Entrepreneur, Sachiin is passionate about sports and cinema. His friends usually address him with different names “Actor”, “Businessman”, “Crazy Sports enthusiast”, “Extreme Adventurer”. Sachiin strictly believes in two mantras, first “Live Life Kingsize” and second “Follow your heart”. Sachiin has also ventured into diversified portfolio of brands XXX Energy Drink, Life Packaged Drinking Water, One Fitness Hub & Spa, Flamingo Restaurant, The Beatle Hotel and Viiking Entertainment. Sachin Joshi, who has acquired business interests in companies, too, is constantly exploring, innovating and there is no looking back.
Sachiin supports the Big Brother foundation, an initiative which aims at helping the people in the rural areas and bridging the gap between the rural and urban. The idea is to provide people in rural areas with basic necessities be it medical care, installing hand pumps, opening schools etc. One village will be picked from each area and would be aided, making it a hub for the other villages nearby. Big Brother strives to inspire and motivate people to contribute at a personal level. Big Brother hopes to make the changes at a grass root level as villages are the heart of the country. The name Big Brother is conceptualised keeping in mind the Indian traditional values where one looks up to the elder brother after father in the family.
|2002||Ninu Chudaka Nenundalenu||Ganesh||Telugu|
|2011||Aazaan||Aazaan Khan||Hindi||His own production house JMJ Group.|
|2013||Mumbai Mirror||Abhijeet Patil||Hindi||He combines with Prakash Raj for the Antagonist.|
|2014||Nee Jathaga Nenundali||Raghav Jayram||Telugu||The Telugu remake of the Bollywood's 2013 musical blockbuster "Aashiqui 2" starring Aditya Roy Kapoor and shraddha kapoor|
- "All the time and money". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 27 February 2011.
- "Bollywood Josh(i) – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin Joshi misses cousin's shaadi in Jodhpur – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Shibani Kashyap at Sachin Joshi and Urvashi's wedding reception, held at JW Marriott Hotel in Mumbai". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin, Urvashi ties the knot – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "I faced resistance from the industry: Sachiin Joshi – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Nazia Hussain in Aashiqui 2 Telugu remake – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "SRK will promote XXX Energy Drinks – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sachiin Joshi Promotes Healthy Way of Living," The Times of India, 7 August 2014.
- "AAZAAN-one of the most expensive films of Bollywood – Yahoo! OMG! India". In.omg.yahoo.com. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "International action company Action Concept to direct stunts for Aazaan". Bollywoodhungama.com. 25 February 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "AZAAN climax to be shot in Chechnya, Russia – bollywood news". glamsham.com. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Around six countries in 70 days – for spy thriller Azaan". boxofficeindia.co.in. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- Hitlist, The (3 June 2011). "'Aazaan' debutant almost lost his eye during filming". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Shahrukh introduces Sachiin Joshi's AAZAAN at IIFA". Bollywood Trade Editorial. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Viewers will enjoy watching 'Aazaan', says Joshi". ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Aazaan in Bangkok". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- Sachiin J Joshi at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website