|Sachin Mohan Ahir|
21 March 1972 |
|Occupation||Member Of Legislative Assembly|
Sachin Ahir describes his background as "lower middle class". He spent some time working for an Amsterdam-based tourism company that organised desert safaris but disliked it and returned to Mumbai. There he became an assistant to a welder in a mill, where his ability to speak English proved to be useful in a trade union dispute. His success in negotiating a favourable settlement set his course for a career in politics.
As of 2009[update], he was a Minister of State of Housing, Slum Improvement, House Repairs and Re-Construction, Urban Land Ceiling, Industries, Mines, Social Justice, De-addiction Activities & Environment, and Welfare of Nomadic De-notified Tribes and other Backward Classes. In addition to being the Minister of State for Housing he has been given charge of additional Minister of State portfolios that include Transport and Environment & Parliamentary Affairs.
Ahir and his wife have established the Shree Sankalp Pratishthan charitable trust. The trust has been involved in organisation of the Worli Festival and Dahi Handi events during the festival of Govinda.
- "History". India Unbound. p. 22.
- "Sachin Mohan Ahir". Praja. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Nationalist Congress Party: Ministers of State in Maharashtra". Nationalist Congress Party. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Banerjee, Shoumojit (12 June 2013). "Six new NCP Ministers inducted in Maharashtra in makeover bid". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "The Goodness In Their DNA: Sangeeta and Sachin Ahir". DNA. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "NGO Shree Sankalp Pratishthan host worli festival 2013". Event FAQs. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "Shah Rukh Khan attends Shree Sankalp Pratisthan Charitable Trust's dahi handi event at Worli in Mumbai". The Times Of India. 31 August 2013. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
|This article about a Maharashtra politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|