|Lt. Sachin Pilot|
|Sachin Pilot at the World Economic Forum's India Economic Summit 2010|
|Minister of Corporate Affairs|
28 October 2012 – 17 May 2014
|Prime Minister||Manmohan Singh|
|Preceded by||Veerappa Moily|
|Succeeded by||Arun Jaitley|
7 September 1977 |
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Alma mater||University of Delhi (B.A.)
University of Pennsylvania (M.B.A.)
Sachin Pilot (born 7 September 1977) is a politician and a member of the Indian National Congress. He represented Ajmer constituency of Rajasthan at member of Indian Parliament in the 15th Lok Sabha. He was Minister of Corporate Affairs and the President of Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee.
Pilot was born in Saharanpur city in Uttar Pradesh. He is the son of the deceased Congress leader Rajesh Pilot and his mother is Rama Pilot. His father was a Union minister of India. His ancestral village is Vaidpura in Noida.
Pilot married Sara Abdullah on 15 January 2004. Sara Abdullah is the daughter of Farooq Abdullah, the National Conference and ex-Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir. Together they have two sons, Aaran and Vehaan.  Currently, Sachin Pilot and Sara Pilot live in Ghaziabad.
Son of a senior politician Rajesh Pilot, he became the youngest Member of Parliament in the country at the age of 26. Pilot was a Member of the Lok Sabha's Standing Committee on Home Affairs and Member of the Consultative Committee in the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
In the 2014 Lok sabha elections, he was again nominated from the Ajmer constituency.Pilot, sitting MP from Ajmer, was defeated by a margin of 1,71,983 votes by Bharatiya Janata Party's sitting MLA Sanwarlal Jat.
Sachin Pilot on 6 September 2012 became the first Union minister of India to be commissioned as an officer in the Territorial Army, fulfilling his desire to follow his father's footsteps to be in the armed forces. He is therefore known as Lieutenant Pilot for being a officer in the Territorial Army.  After being commissioned he said, "This has been my desire to join the army for very long as I wanted to have my links with the armed forces, like my father and grandfather. I am honoured to be part of this family."
- Rajesh Pilot: In Spirit Forever, co-authored with sister Sarika Pilot.
- "Fifteenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile - Sachin Pilot". loksabha.nic. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Lok Sabha 2009 Winner -Ajmer (RAJASTHAN): Sachin Pilot". myneta.info. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "I wanted to be an Air Force pilot: Sachin Pilot". Rediff.com. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Sachin Pilot". Indiatoday. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Ismat Tahseen (25 July 2010). "I don’t take advantage of my surname: Sara Pilot". DNAindia.com. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Sarah Abdullah and Sachin Pilot .(2008-11-06). Retrieved on 2012-04-05.
- Sachin 'pilots' Congress to victory – Times Of India.| Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2009-05-18). Retrieved on 2012-04-05.
- Sachin Pilot commissioned as Territorial Army officer
- Pilot takes off
- Shri Sachin Pilot profile on Lok Sabha site
- 4G auction by end of 2012, language users shouldn’t be at a disadvantage: Minister Sachin Pilot
- Minister of State Sachin Pilot: Technology 'Can Be a Great Bridge' between Urban and Rural Populations
- Minister of State Sachin Pilot calls for major awareness campaign To address mal nutrition