From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sacred Band)
In the ancient world:
In modern Greek history, the name has been used to denote several military units:
- Sacred Band (1821) of the Greek War of Independence
- Cretan Sacred Band during the Cretan Revolt of 1866–1869
- Cretan Student's Sacred Band, which participated in the Balkan Wars as a part of the Hellenic Army
- Epirote Sacred Band (1914), formed during the establishment of the Autonomous Republic of Northern Epirus.
- Sacred Band (World War II), a special forces unit composed entirely of officers
- the Sacred Band of Stepsons is a mythical Sacred Band of ancient cavalry fighters that eventually unites with the survivors of the Sacred Band of Thebes in a seven-novel saga
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sacred band.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.