|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Origin||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Years active||1985–2000, 2007–present|
|Labels||Metal Blade Records
|Associated acts||Machine Head
The Human Condition
|Past members||Phil Rind
Sacred Reich is an American thrash metal band based in Phoenix, Arizona, that was formed in 1985. Singer/songwriter Phil Rind's interest was in socially conscious and political speed metal. After several albums on Metal Blade Records, they signed to Hollywood Records for a short stint, but later returned to Metal Blade to continue their musical career. The band split in 2000.
In 2007, the band reunited to play several shows in Europe, including Wacken Open Air. However, according to an interview with bassist/vocalist Phil Rind, there are no plans to record a new Sacred Reich album.
The band also contributed the Black Sabbath cover "Sweet Leaf" to the Hempilation: Freedom Is NORML compilation album to benefit NORML, and the Subhumans cover "The Big Picture" appears as the B-side of the "Open Book" promotional single. A three disk boxed set with remastered versions of Ignorance and Surf Nicaragua with additional bonus material, including the "Draining You of Life" demo tape and a live DVD, was originally slated for release in September 2005, but was released in Europe only in the summer of 2007 by Metal Blade Records.
- Greg Hall — drums (1985–1991, 1996–2000, 2007)
- Phil Rind — vocals, bass (1985–2000, 2007)
- Jason Rainey — rhythm guitar (1985–2000, 2007)
- Wiley Arnett — lead guitar (1986–2000, 2007)
- Dan Kelly — vocals (1985–1986)
- Jeff Martinek — guitar (1985–1986)
- Dave McClain — drums (1991–1995)
- "Sacred Reich Interview". lordsofmetal.nl. July–August 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sacred Reich.|