"Sad Movie" movie poster
|Revised Romanization||Saedeu Mubi|
|Directed by||Kwon Jong-kwan|
|Written by||Kwon Jong-kwan|
|Running time||108 minutes|
Sad Movie is a 2005 South Korean romantic melodrama film with a star-studded cast. The film was released in South Korean theaters on October 20, 2005 and had a total of 1,066,765 admissions nationwide.
Jin-woo is a firefighter who buys a ring for his girlfriend. Her name is Soo-jung, and she works at a TV station as a news translator for the deaf. She is waiting for him to propose, with the rationale that given his dangerous job, she likes the idea of him having to think of her, to hesitate for a while before jumping into danger. He, on the other hand, is waiting for that perfect opportunity and setting, before popping the question.
Suk-hyun tells her unemployed boyfriend Ha-seok that she needs a more stable guy who has a good job. So Ha-seok goes off and finds himself a job helping other couples break up.
Ju-young is a mother is too busy to spend time with her young son Hee-chan, until an illness confines her to a hospital bed. There the mother and son begin to communicate more and more.
Soo-eun is a deaf girl who works as a costumed character mascot in a theme park. There she meets a young artist who she quickly begins to develop feelings for, yet she refuses to take off her mask in front of him because of her scar.
- Jung Woo-sung as Lee Jin-woo
- Im Soo-jung as Ahn Soo-jung
- Cha Tae-hyun as Jung Ha-seok
- Son Tae-young as Choi Suk-hyun
- Yeom Jeong-ah as Yeom Ju-young
- Yeo Jin-goo as Park Hee-chan
- Shin Min-a as Ahn Soo-eun
- Lee Ki-woo as Sang-gyu
- Korean Film Commission (2005). Korean Cinema 2000. p. 167.
- "Sad Movie". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- Yang, Sung-jin (13 October 2005). "Star-studded Sad Movie not so sad". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Jeong, Su-jin (2 May 2006). "Sad movie, but pretty faces". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Actors Sohn Tae-yung and Lee Ki-woo to Visit Thailand". KBS Global. 21 July 2006. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Korean Film List 2005: Box-Office Results". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- http://www.sad-movie.co.kr/ (Korean)
- Sad Movie at HanCinema
- Sad Movie at the Internet Movie Database
|This South Korean film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|