From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A saddle is a seat attached to an animal or machine, or various items resembling them or their profiles, including:
|Look up saddle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
As a seat
- Saddle, a seat for a rider fastened to an animal's back. Equine variations include:
- Harness saddle, a piece of harness that sits on the back of the horse
- Bicycle saddle, the seat of a bicycle
- Motorcycle saddle, the seat of a motorcycle
- Saddle (landform), a saddle shaped terrain feature - a colloquial, geographic and geologic landscape feature (more technical term, a 'Col') representing the lowest point between two peaks in a ridgeline, where the same area of the ridgeline is the lowest point or pass between two valleys (drainage divides).
- The Saddle, a mountain in Scotland
- Saddle point, is the single value in a saddle graph or surface which produces the lowest point between two low or valley regions, which is concurrently the highest connecting path between two flanking peaks or ridgelines.
- Saddle surface, a graph that resembles a riding saddle which contains a saddle point, such as many a pass or Saddle (landform).
- Monkey saddle, a similar graph with three dips—"a saddle for two legs and a tail"
- A cut of meat, the unseparated loin (from rib to leg) from both sides of the animal
- Saddle (landform), a low area between hills or mountains, similar to a mountain pass
- Saddle, the bearing surface on the bridge of a stringed instrument
- A chimney saddle is also known as a cricket (roofing).
- Saddleback (disambiguation), various meanings, derived from the shape of a saddle
- Saddle back, curvature of the spine
- Saddle bronc, a type of rodeo riding
- The Saddle Club, an Australian TV show and series of novels
- Saddle roof, a type of roof structure
- Saddle stitch, a form of book binding
- Saddle tank (disambiguation), various meanings but primarily a type of locomotive
- Worshipful Company of Saddlers, a London livery company
- Saddle oyster (Anomia ephippium)
- Saddler (disambiguation), various meanings but primarily a maker of saddles
- Saddle blanket, placed under a saddle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.