Sadegh Malek Shahmirzadi
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Sadegh Malek Shahmirzadi|
|Main interests||anthropology, archaeology,|
Shahmirzadi is the author of over 60 research articles and books. Shahmirzadi's book, Dictionary of Archeology English-Persian-Persian-English, published in 1997, is still in print.
In 2004, the Iranian Cultural Heritage News Agency reported that, "Iranian archeologists planned to identify the food basket and diet of the people who lived in the historical site of Sialk over 7,000 years ago," and "Shahmirzadi, discoverer of the ziggurat, [was] head of the research team."
Until some 40 years ago, people did not show much interest toward archeological sites and the issue of cultural heritage was somehow unknown but today we are witnessing such a large gathering with the presence of a large number of experts and NGOs who show great concern for preserving cultural heritage of Iran and their heart is beating for Bolaghi Gorge as a historical and national heritage site.
"The...inundation of Sivand Dam...issue evoked strong opposition from cultural heritage enthusiasts and NGOs who are concerned with the fate of the historic site of Bolaghi Gorge, demanding Iranian authorities prevent flooding of the Dam. The majority of those who attended at the conference and also most of archeologists who work on Bolaghi Gorge categorically protested against flooding of Sivand Dam, accompanied by placards to show their objections to inundation of the Dam."
Bibliography (partial list)
- 1978, Introduction to Sociology (in Persian).
- 1994, Fundamental of Archaeology, Prehistoric Iran, Prehistoric Mesopotamia and Art and Archeology of Ancient Egypt (in Persian).
- 1996, English for Student of Archeology.
- 1996, Dictionary of Archaeology English-Persian-Persian-English. (ISBN 964-01-0844-8)
- 1996, Iranian Houses.
- 1998, History of Early Iran (in Persian); co-authors with Dr. M. Haririan, Dr. J. Amoozgar, and N. Mirsaidi. (Fifth printing 2006).
- 1999, Prehistoric Iran; Iran From The Earliest Times to the Dawn of Urbanism.
- 2000, Agh Tepe; co-author with Jebraeil Nokandeh.
- 2004, The Silversmiths of Sialk (in Persian). (ISBN 9647483872)
- 2006, Sialk, The Oldest Fortified Village of Iran; Iranian Center for Archaeological Research, Tehran, Iran.
- "Dictionary of Archeology English-Persian-Persian-English". Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Tepe Sialk". Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Experts try to discover diet of 7,000 years ago in Sialk". Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Bolaghi Gorge Summit Ended without Achieving a Result". Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Sivand Dam Flooding: Iran's darkest days in history". Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Research Notes: Returning to Iran". Retrieved 2010-08-09.