Saeed Kamali Dehghan
|Saeed Kamali Dehghan|
|Born||Persian: سعید کمالی دهقان
May 1, 1985 (age 29)
Saeed Kamali Dehghan (Persian: سعید کمالی دهقان born May 1, 1985 in Karaj, Iran) is an Iranian-born journalist who writes for The Guardian. He has been named as the 2010 Journalist of the Year in Britain at the Foreign Press Association. He currently writes for The Guardian as a staff journalist from its London offices and has worked as an Iran correspondent for The Guardian from Tehran in the past, especially in summer 2009. He is a co-producer of the HBO's documentary For Neda and was a recipient of the 70th annual Peabody Award for his HBO film.
Kamali Dehghan was born on 1 May 1985 in Karaj, a city near Tehran, the capital of Iran. He graduated in 2011 from the City University Department of Journalism, with a Master of Arts (MA) in International Journalism, after receiving a scholarship from Open Society Institute. His BA was in Rolling Stock Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology.
He has written in Persian, English and French for a number of different newspapers around the world, including Le Monde, Shargh and Etemaad. He covered Tehran unrest after the Iranian presidential election, 2009 for the foreign media including CNN, CBC, France 24, Channel 4 and The Guardian.
Saeed Kamali Dehghan has conducted several original interviews with internationally known writers and filmmakers,[verification needed] including David Lynch, Mario Vargas Llosa, Paul Auster, John Barth, JM Coetzee, E. L. Doctorow, Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt, Amélie Nothomb, Andreï Makine, Isabel Allende, Tzvetan Todorov, T.C. Boyle, Alain de Botton and Noam Chomsky..
Saeed Kamali Dehghan is named as the 2010 Journalist of the Year at the Foreign Press Association. He also received the FPA award for the Best Documentary of the Year for making "For Neda". He is also a recipient of the 70th annual Peabody Award for his film For Neda. He received a Peabody Award in a ceremony hosted by Larry King in New York's Waldorf-Asotria on May 23, 2011.
Saeed Kamali Dehghan is a co-producer of the HBO's documentary For Neda.
- Saeed Kamali Dehghan's small biography in the Guardian, Global Radio News.
- Guardian journalist wins award for Iranian protest coverage
- Saeed Kamali Dehghan named as the Journalist of the Year at FPA awards
- His profile in the Guardian
- FOR NEDA, HBO's documentary directed by Antony Thomas and co-produced by Saeed Kamali Dehghan
- FOR NEDA wins Peabody Award
- Saeed Kamali Dehghan graduated from City University in 2011
- One of his articles in Le Monde
- His work for CNN mentioned in an article in The Observer.
- Index on Censorship interview with Saeed Kamali Dehghan
- Saeed Kamali Dehghan wins FPA awards for the Journalist of the Year and Best Documentary of the Year
- IMDb page for Neda and the film crew