|Directed by||SP. Muthuraman|
|Produced by||M. Kumaran
|Written by||Panju Arunachalam|
|Edited by||R. Vittal|
|Distributed by||AVM Productions|
|14 August 1982|
|Box office||₹ 3.5 Crores|
Sakalakala Vallavan is a 1982 Indian Tamil-language masala film  directed by SP. Muthuraman, starring Kamal Haasan and Ambika. The film was a blockbuster  and completed 176-day run at the box office.
A young agriculturist Velu (Kamal Hassan) goes to extremes to attain revenge against his devious landlord and her family. He is an upright young man, but when his family gets cheated out of money, he decides it's time to take a stand. Donning various disguises, he—with help from his sister Valli (Thulasi)—sets out seeking justice against the landlord and her confrontational daughter Geetha (Ambika) and son Pazhani (Raveendran).
- Kamal Haasan as Velu/Sam
- Ambika as Geetha
- Raveendran as Pazhani
- Thulasi as Valli/Bobby
- V. K. Ramasamy as Ramiah Pillai
- Y. G. Mahendran
- Thengai Srinivasan as Sundaram
- Silk Smitha as Lalitha
- S. N. Parvathi
|Film score by Ilaiyaraaja|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|2||Ilamai Itho||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||05:55|
|3||Kattavandi (Female)||S. P. Sailaja||04:32|
|4||Kattavandi (Male)||Malaysia Vasudevan||04:32|
|5||Nethu Rathiri||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||04:36|
|6||Nila Kayuthu||Malaysia Vasudevan, S. Janaki||04:39|
- The film has one of the evergreen party songs in Tamil cinema, "Ilamai itho itho".
- The film was remade in Hindi as Abhimanyu.
- "Formula is passé, freshness is in". The Hindu. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Sagalakala Vallavan". cinesouth. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- TNN Jun 24, 2012, 03.04PM IST (2012-06-24). "Suriya in remake of Kamal’s Sakalakala Vallavan - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "rediff.com: Playing Kamal Haasan's love interest". Specials.rediff.com. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- News, Express (2012-08-25). "Romancing the reel for over six decades". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Will Suriya match up to Kamal Haasan in 'Sakalakala Vallavan' remake". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Roopa Swaminathan. Kamalahasan, the consummate actor. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Sagalakala Vallavan Songs". ebay. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|