Sagehen Creek Field Station
Sagehen Creek Field Station is a research and teaching facility of the University of California at Berkeley's Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, the Berkeley Natural History Museums the California Biodiversity Center, & the University of California Natural Reserve System. Sagehen is also a member of the Organization of Biological Field Stations.
The Station was established in 1951 with the signing of a long-term special use permit with the USDA Forest Service; today, this relationship includes the Tahoe National Forest which manages the land, & the Pacific Southwest Research Station, which created the Sagehen Experimental Forest on Nov. 28, 2005.
Sagehen serves as the hub of a much broader network of research areas known as the Central Sierra Field Research Stations. CSFRS consists of:
- Sagehen Creek Field Station
- Central Sierra Snow Lab
- Onion Creek Experimental Watershed
- Chickering American Reserve
- North Fork Association Lands
Day and overnight use of the resource and facilities are permitted. To visit Sagehen, each group, project, or use must:
- Complete an on-line use-application; once application is approved by Station Manager...
- Read online information prior to arrival.
- Agree to, complete, and sign a waiver form for each visitor (Spanish version available, too).
- Deliver signed waivers to Station Manager prior to or upon arrival.
The Station is not generally open to the public. However, Sagehen hosts periodic public events.
- "Central Sierra Field Research Stations". The Regents of the University of California. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Sagehen Home". The Regents of the University of California. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Sagehen Events". The Regents of the University of California. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Sagehen News". The Regents of the University of California. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Sagehen TV". The Regents of the University of California. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- Official Sagehen Creek Field Station website
- Berkeley Natural History Museums website
- California Biodiversity Center website
- University of California Natural Reserve System website
- Organization of Biological Field Stations website
- Berkeley Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research website
- Pacific Southwest Research Station
- Sagehen Experimental Forest
- Tahoe National Forest