|Industry||Product and technology development and consultancy|
|Headquarters||Cambridge, England; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Hong Kong|
Sagentia (formerly Scientific Generics) is an international product development and technology consulting organisation.
Sagentia's heritage is linked to that of the Cambridge phenomenon: the high technology cluster based around Cambridge University in the UK that emerged in the 1980s. Sagentia was founded by Professor Gordon Edge as Scientific Generics in 1986.
The company changed its name to Sagentia in 2006 to coincide with the company's 20th anniversary.
Sagentia currently operates in 3 key global market sectors: medical, consumer products and industrial products.
The company has won several awards in recent years:
- February 2009: Safaricom & Vodafone won Best Mobile Money Service category in the GSM Global Mobile Awards 2009 for M-Pesa developed for Vodafone by Sagentia
- December 2008: ERBI Medtech Innovation Award
- April 2008: the Technology, the Innovation and the overall Best Private Sector Project Awards at the Management Consulting Awards for M-Pesa
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (April 2013)|
Sagentia created many spin-out companies over the years, including:
- CMR Fuel Cells: develops fuel cell 'stacks' for portable and small stationary power generation applications.
- Sphere Medical Holdings: develops products that help raise the standard of critical care around the world.
- Intrasonics Ltd: mobile–TV interactivity
- TurfTrax: originates and distributes data and data products to enhance horse racing, and the products of the associated betting industry and media suppliers, world wide.
- Sensopad: works with a unique sensing and identification technology.
In 2008 the company announced a change in direction moving away from venturing and focusing on the core consulting business.
- "International Technology Company Scientific Generics Marks 20th Anniversary with New Name", The Free Library, 23 October 2006. Retrieved on 2010-10-25
- "Sagacity, Sagentia...and fine wine", The Cambridge Evening News, 15 December 2009. Retrieved on 2010-10-25
- "Ratcliffe becomes Sagentia chairman ", Sharecast, 15 April 2010. Retrieved on 2010-10-25
- "The History of the GSMA's Global Mobile Awards: 2010 - 1996", The GSMA. Retrieved on 2010-10-25
- "Prosurgics and Sagentia win ERBI Medtech Innovation Award", Prosurgics, 2 December 2008. Retrieved on 2010-10-25
- "Management award winner turns around automotive giant in just 12 months", Consultant News, 30 April 2008. Retrieved on 2010-10-25