Saharan or Saran is a gotra of jats in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh in India & some districts of Punjab, Pakistan.This is an ancient clan of India and belong to Hindu. Some Saharan come from Lord Rama the son of Dashratha who was a King of Ayodhya of the Ikshvaku dynasty. The word Saharan (Syrieni and also called Suriyanis) means (King of the world) in Hindi.
- Republics, kingdoms, towns, and cities in ancient India By G. P. Singh Page 309
- Journal of Indian history, Volume 26 By University of Kerala. Dept. of History, University of Allahabad. Dept. of Modern Indian History, University of Travancore, University of Kerala Page 24
- Akhand Hindustan By K. M. Munshi Page 142
- Mirati Sikandari; or, The mirror of Sikandar By Sikandar ibn Muḥammad (called Manjhū Akbar) Page xxxviii
- Firoz Tughluq, 1351–1388 A.D. By R. C. Jauhri Page 4