Saharan or Saran is a gotra of Jats found in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Sndh and Punjab region in India & Pakistan. In Punjab, their mother tongue is hindi and dialects(Bagri, Rajasthani, Haryanvi) and not Punjabi. They are entirely Hindu.
- Republics, kingdoms, towns, and cities in ancient India By G. P. Singh Page 309
- Journal of Indian history, Volume 26 By University of Kerala. Dept. of History, University of Allahabad. Dept. of Modern Indian History, University of Travancore, University of Kerala Page 24
- Akhand Hindustan By K. M. Munshi Page 142
- Mirati Sikandari; or, The mirror of Sikandar By Sikandar ibn Muḥammad (called Manjhū Akbar) Page xxxviii
- Firoz Tughluq, 1351–1388 A.D. By R. C. Jauhri Page 4