"Said I Loved You...But I Lied" is a song by the American pop music singer Michael Bolton. The song was co-written and co-produced by Bolton and Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Released as the first single from his multi-platinum 1993 album The One Thing, the song reached the Top 40 in November 1993 and eventually became Bolton's seventh and most recent Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart when it peaked at number six in early 1994. The song also spent twelve weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart, the singer's eighth chart-topper on this tally. The single was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America and earned Bolton a Grammy nomination in the category Best Male Pop Vocal performance at the 37th Grammy Awards.
Outside the U.S., "Said I Loved You..." peaked at number two on the ARIA Charts in Australia, reached number 15 on the UK Singles Chart and number 13 on the New Zealand Charts.
In 2011, Bolton performed a duet version of this ballad for his compilation album, Gems: The Duets Album with Agnes Monica.
The video was shot in Phoenix, Arizona and was directed by Rebecca Blake.
|End of year chart (1994)
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100
- ^ a b Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 8th Edition (Billboard Publications), page 72.
- ^ a b Hyatt, Wesley (1999). The Billboard Book of #1 Adult Contemporary Hits (Billboard Publications), page 390.
- ^ UK Singles Chart info Chartstats.com. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- ^ "Australian-charts.com – Michael Bolton – Said I Loved You... But I Lied". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- ^ Canadian peak
- ^ "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- ^ "Charts.org.nz – Michael Bolton – Said I Loved You... But I Lied". Top 40 Singles.
- ^ "Billboard Top 100 - 1994". Retrieved 2010-08-27.