Sailing at the 1900 Summer Olympics – 10 to 20 ton
at the Games of the II Olympiad
|Competitors||14 from 2 nations|
|Sailing at the
1900 Summer Olympics
|0 - ½ ton||Open|
|½ - 1 ton||Open|
|1 - 2 ton||Open|
|2 - 3 ton||Open|
|3 - 10 ton||Open|
|10 - 20 ton||Open|
The 10 – 20 ton was a sailing event on the Sailing at the 1900 Summer Olympics program in Le Havre. It was the heaviest weight class. The races were held on August 1–6, 1900. At least 14 sailors, on 7 boats, from 2 nations competed.
The 1900 Olympic scoring system was used. Handicaps were added to each boat's actual time to give a total adjusted time. The handicaps only had an effect in the third race.
|Helmsman (Country)||Crew||Yachtname||Handicap||Race I||Race II||Race III||Total||Prize (FF)|
|Emile Billiard et Perquer (FRA)||Édouard de Rothschild||Estérel||58:44||3:18:28||4:17:12||10||2:44:37||3:43:21||9||2:23:52||3:22:36||10||29||8000|
|Jean Decazes (FRA)||Unknown||Quand-même||59:29||3:19:17||4:18:46||9||2:46:42||3:46:11||8||2:28:40||3:28:09||8||25||2000|
|Edward Hore (GBR)||Unknown||Laurea||58:44||3:21:34||4:20:18||8||2:43:05||3:41:49||10||DNF||5||23||1500|
|5||S.M. Mellor (GBR)||Unknown||Nan||55:14||3:30:34||4:25:48||6||2:58:53||3:53:17||6||2:40:48||3:36:02||7||19||1000|
PEN = Penalty given, DNF = Did Not Finish
- Billard and Perquer stayed in the points lead, with 19 after the second race. Hore moved into second, with 18, just one point behind the French pair. Decazes dropped to third, but stayed close to the leaders with 17 points.
- Billard and Perquer won the final contest, cementing their win in the event. Cronier took second, finishing a comeback up to 4th place overall after his disqualification in the first race. Hore fell from the second spot after not finishing the race, dropping to third overall. Decazes maintained a strong record of 2nd and 3rd-place finishes to take the silver medal.
- Mark hit.
- D. Mérillon, ed. (1901). Exposition Universelle Internationale de 1900, Concours D'Exercices Physiques et de Sports (in French). Imprimerie Nationale. pp. 399–430.
- Mallon, Bill (1998). The 1900 Olympic Games, Results for All Competitors in All Events, with Commentary. McFarland. ISBN 0-7864-0378-0.
- "Results and Medalists". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- Kubatko, Justin. "Sailing at the 1900 Paris Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- De Wael, Herman. "Sailing 1900". Herman's Full Olympians. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Paris 1900". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.