Sailing at the 1908 Summer Olympics – 12 Metre
at the Games of the IV Olympiad
|Competitors||20 from 1 nation|
|Sailing at the
1908 Summer Olympics
|15 Metre||Open||(No entries)|
The 12 Metre was a sailing event on the Sailing at the 1908 Summer Olympics originally programed in Ryde, but rescheduled for Hunter's Quay. Three races were scheduled. 20 sailors, on 2 boats, from 1 nation competed.
The 1908 Olympic scoring system was used.
|Helmsman (Country)||Medal||Crew||Medal||Yachtname||Race I||Race II||Race III||1's||2's|
|1|| Thomas Glen-Coats (GBR)
John Downes (Mate)
|2|| Charles MacIver (GBR)
James Kenion (Mate)
Cecil R. MacIver
- Gilt commemorative medal:
- Thomas Glen-Coats owner of Hera
- Silver commemorative medal:
- Charles MacIver Owner of Mouchette
The map gives an idea of the courses used for the 12 Metre during the 1908 Olympic sailing event.
Both day's the following course was used:
Two rounds for a total of 26 nm.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2007-10-17.
- Cook, Theodore Andrea (1908). The Fourth Olympiad, Being the Official Report (PDF). London: British Olympic Association. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- De Wael, Herman (2001). "Sailing 1908". Herman's Full Olympians. Retrieved 2006-05-07.