|Produced by||Ashwini Dutt
C. Swapna Dutt
|Music by||Harris Jayaraj|
|Editing by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Distributed by||Vyjayanthi Movies|
Sainikudu (translation: Soldier) is a Telugu ( Dubbed in Malayalam as Sulthan , Tamil as Kumaran and Hindi as Ab Humse Na Takrana) film which was released on 30 November 2006. Gunasekhar directed this film. The film stars Mahesh Babu and Trisha in pivotal roles. The movie will also see Kamna Jethmalani in an item number as well as a cameo appearance. The film also had Irfan Khan as the main antagonist and Prakash Raj in a supporting role. Harris Jayaraj scored the music for the film. Balasubramaniam handled the camera work while Sreekar Prasad handles the editing. The music of the film was released on 21 October 2006. There was a lot of hype and expectation as this was Mahesh Babu's first film being released after the record breaking Telugu super hit movie Pokiri.
The film starts with floods at Ranga sai pet in Warangal District. Houses, trains and people inundate in flood water and Siddharth, (Mahesh Babu) a young man, and his friends save the people up to their maximum effort. Eight of his friends assist him in the rescue activity.
On the other hand Chief Minister (Kota Srinivasa Rao) recommends the candidature of Pappu Yadav (Irfan Khan), for Assembly Elections. Pappu Yadav is a goonda who wishes to earn big through politics and power. To get the attention of people Pappu Yadav announces a sum of Rs.5 Crore for flood victims.
The food that needs to reach the victims of the flood is taken elsewhere to be sold out, an illegal way of earning money by selling the food and as well backing up the flood relief fund into the pockets of the politicians. Siddharth gets to know this through one of his friend and saves the stock in time and take it to the flood victims for distribution.
This annoys Pappu Yadav for which Mondi Nani (Prakash Raj), Pappu's right hand, threatens Siddharth. A strife develops between Mondi Nani and Siddharth and the latter declares that his friend (Ajay) would be contesting in the next Assembly Election opposite Pappu Yadav. Siddharth and his team get accolades from the people for this decision and thus start campaigning. To cut the good-name of the group in the people and to win sympathy, Pappu Yadav conspires for a bomb blast allegation on Siddharth and Co. Mondi Nani works for him and the mission accomplishes. Pappu Yadav declares Siddharth and Co as terrorists and wins the election. Pappu Yadav becomes the Home Minister and his marriage settles with Vara Lakshmi (Trisha Krishnan). Siddharth, with the help of many college students kidnaps Varalakshmi from marriage hall in a dramatic sequence, demanding Pappu Yadav to let out his crimes before the court of law.
Rest of the film shows Home Minister Pappu Yadav chasing Siddharth for getting his bride Varalakshmi back. ACP (Telangana Shakuntala) also assists him and spills a little comedy with her style of dialogues. The film has no twists and turns and major part goes with chasing aspect.
Finally, how Siddharth puts an end to the game of crooked politicians has to be seen on screen.
- Mahesh Babu as ... Siddharth
- Trisha Krishnan as ... Vara Lakshmi
- Prakash Raj as ... Mondi Naani
- Irfan Khan as ... Pappu Yadav
- Kamna Jethmalani as ... Guest Appearance (song)
- Ravi Varma as ...Ravi
- Ajay as ... Ajay
- Director: Gunasekhar
- Story: Gunasekhar
- Dialogue: Paruchuri Brothers
- Producers: M.S.Raju
- Music Director: Mani Sharma
- Art Direction: Anand Sai
- Editor: A. Sreekar Prasad
- Action Director: Peter Haynes,Yannick Ben,Remi Imbert,Ram_Laxman
- Cinematography: K.V.Guhan
- Background Music: Harris Jayaraj
- Lyrics: Veturi Sundararama Murthy,Sirinivella Sitarama Sastri
- Choreography: Prem Rakshit,Nobel,Baba Bhaskar,Jhony,Ganesh,V.J.Shekhar
- Visual Effects:Rana Daggubati
- 2006 - Nandi Award for Best Special Effects - Nipuna and Spirit
|Soundtrack album by Harris Jayaraj|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Harris Jayaraj chronology|
The film has six songs composed by Harris Jayaraj. The music of the film was released simultaneously in 10 chosen venues from five different countries – India, USA, Australia, Singapore and Dubai on the morning of 21 October 2006. The producer of the film, Ashwini Dutt, arranged the use of a satellite transmission to relay the live audio release across the globe. The music proved to be extremely successful upon release.
|Byla Bylamo||Leslie Lewis, Anushka Manchandani, Sunitha Sarathy|
|Mayeraa||S.P. Balasubramaniam, Unnikrishnan, Kavita Krishnamurthy|
|Aadapilla Aggipulla||Hariharan, K. S. Chitra|
|Sogasu Choodu||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Orugalluke Pilla||Karunya, Malathi, Karthik, Harini|
|Go Go Adhigo||KK|
|Byla Bylamo||R. Prasanna, Anushka Manchandani, Mahathi|
|Nizhal Endrum||Ramu , Vinaya|
|Pombala Ellam||Kartik, Anuradha Sriram|
|Sorgathil Pookkum||Anuradha Sriram|
|Oru Bambaram||Tippu, Harini & Jayalakshmi|
|Go Go Azhago||Senthil Dass|
- "Sainikudu to be released with 270 prints on Nov. 30". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 24 November 2006.
- "Irfan Khan, Kamna in Mahesh's Sainikudu". TotalTollywood. Retrieved 23 October 2006.
- "Irfan Khan in Sainikudu". TotalTollywood. Retrieved 3 July 2006.
- "Ashwini Dutt Innovations". Idlebrain. Retrieved 23 November 2006.
- ""Sainikudu" slated for Nov. 30". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 24 November 2006.
- Sainikudu Telugu Mp3 Songs at telugump3songs.net
- Sainikudu at the Internet Movie Database
- Sainikudu Songs at TeluguFM.com
- Lyrics Of Sainikudu at MusicMazaa.com
- Sainikudu photo gallery at Harsamay.com