Saint-Basile-le-Grand is a city located in La Vallée-du-Richelieu Regional County Municipality in southwestern Quebec, Canada. The population as of the Canada 2011 Census was 16,736.
Saint-Basile-le-Grand is served by the Saint-Basile-le-Grand commuter rail station on the Agence métropolitaine de transport's Mont-Saint-Hilaire Line. Local bus service is provided by the CIT de la Vallée du Richelieu.
||This section requires expansion. (November 2014)
The South Shore Protestant Regional School Board previously served the municipality.
- ^ Reference number 55722 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (French)
- ^ a b Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire: Saint-Basile-le-Grand
- ^ Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: CHAMBLY--BORDUAS (Quebec)
- ^ a b 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Saint-Basile-le-Grand, Quebec
- ^ Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- ^ 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Saint-Basile-le-Grand, Quebec
- ^ King, M.J. (Chairperson of the board). "South Shore Protestant Regional School Board" (St. Johns, PQ). The News and Eastern Townships Advocate. Volume 119, No. 5. Thursday December 16, 1965. p. 2. Retrieved from Google News on November 23, 2014.