|Motto: Solidaire dans le labeur (Solidarity in work)|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||July 14, 1874|
|• Mayor||Louiselle Ouellet|
|• Federal riding||Rimouski-Neigette—Témiscouata—Les Basques|
|• Prov. riding||Rivière-du-Loup-Témiscouata|
|• Total||110.50 km2 (42.66 sq mi)|
|• Land||112.31 km2 (43.36 sq mi)|
|There is an apparent contradiction between two authoritative sources|
|• Density||11.7/km2 (30/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||2.2%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Postal code(s)||G0L 3S0|
|Area code(s)||418 and 581|
|Highways||Trans Canada Highway|
Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! is a parish municipality in the Témiscouata Regional County Municipality in Quebec, near the south shore of the Saint Lawrence River in Canada. It is located southeast of Rivière-du-Loup and west of Cabano along the Trans-Canada Highway (Route 185), about halfway to Edmundston in New Brunswick. The population of Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! is 1,318. Its economy is mainly agricultural.
The parish began in 1860 as the site of a Roman Catholic mission; it was named in 1874.
The Commission de toponymie asserts that the parish's name refers to nearby Lake Témiscouata, the sense of haha here being an archaic French word for an unexpected obstacle or abruptly ending path, see ha-ha. The Louis may refer to Louis Marquis, one of the first colonists of the region, or Louis-Antoine Proulx, vicar of Rivière-du-Loup, or perhaps the abbot Louis-Nicolas Bernier. Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! is the only town in the world with two exclamation points in its name. 
Similarly named places in Quebec
- Baie des Ha! Ha! (a bay on the Saguenay River in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean region)
- Baie des Ha! Ha! (a bay on the St. Lawrence River in the Côte-Nord region
- Rivière Ha! Ha! (a river in Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean)
- List of parish municipalities in Quebec
- Westward Ho!, a village in Devon, England.
- fr:Ha! Ha! (French), a disambiguation page in the French Wikipedia for "Ha! Ha!" place names in Quebec
- Reference number 57133 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (French)
- Geographic code 13080 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (French)
- "(Code 2413080) Census Profile". 2011 census. Statistics Canada. 2012.
- "TransCanadaHighway.com St Louis du Ha Ha, Quebec". FoundLocally.com. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- Jeffries, Stuart (29 April 2009). "The joy of exclamation marks!". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-09-08.
- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! (French)
|This Bas-Saint-Laurent location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|