Saint George's Hill
Coordinates: St George's Hill is a 964-acre (3.9 km2) private estate in Weybridge, Surrey, United Kingdom. The estate has both golf and tennis clubs, as well as approximately 420 houses. The estate is a popular residential location for celebrities and successful entrepreneurs. In a 2007 survey, most roads in the estate showed an average house sale price of over £3,000,000 in the previous 12 months.
The hill was occupied by the Diggers in April 1649 who began to plant vegetables in common land. The Diggers occupied the hill for five months until they left following a court case. The summit of the hill has subsequently been occupied by the The Land is Ours group in 1995 and 1999.
Local builder Walter George Tarrant owned the land and created many of the houses on the estate. Each house is required by local laws to have at least 1-acre (4,000 m2) of land, and houses are restricted to a maximum of 20 per cent of the plot.
The tennis club has 15 artificial grass tennis courts (8 floodlit), 15 grass and 2 indoor tennis courts, 4 squash courts, gym, air-conditioned studio, 20m swimming pool, steam and sauna, bar and restaurants, creche and beauty spa.
The local political party is the St George's Hill Independents who are an independent political party.
- Tony Brooks, racing driver (Alambra, West Road)
- Bill Martin, record producer Kenwood, St. George's Hill
- Didier Drogba, footballer
- Bobby Davro, comedian
- John Lennon, Kenwood, St. George's Hill
- Ringo Starr, Sunny Heights
- Cliff Richard, singer, at Yaffle Road, and later at Charters, South Ridge
- Elton John, singer
- Tom Jones, singer 
- Engelbert Humperdinck, singer
- Gordon Mills, songwriter and manager (East Road)
- Jenson Button, Formula 1 driver (Golf Club Road)
- Eric Sykes, comedian [White Knights Rd]
- Henrik Jensen, Business and Finance
- Kim Thomson, actress (South Ridge)
- Helmut Neufeld, toy manufacturer and entrepreneur (Garden Reach)
- Sue Barker, tennis player (Warreners Lane)
- Harry Goodman, airline entrepreneur (East Road)
- Madge Syers, ice skater
- Claude Makélélé, footballer
- Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, footballer
- George Murray Smith, publisher
- Stefan Eriksson, Swedish criminal, infamous for a high profile accident in a Ferrari Enzo on California's Pacific Coast Highway
- Diggers in 1649
- Kate Winslet, actress
- Frank Lampard, footballer
- John Terry, footballer
- Gilbert O'Sullivan, singer, songwriter (South Road)
- Dick Emery, comedian
- Peter Gordeno, dancer, singer, actor
- H.J.Lohmar, Business and Engineering
Other private estates
There are other estates in Elmbridge:
- Burwood Park
- Ashley Park
- Nicholson-Lord, David (April 30, 1995), "The peaceful revolutionary behind "The Land is Ours"", The Independent (London), retrieved 2008-08-06[dead link][dead link]
- Elmbridge Museum's account of W.G.Tarrant
- St George's Hill Golf Club
- St George's Hill Lawn Tennis Club
- St George's Hill Independents
- Daily Mail article 9 April 2006 "Sir Cliff to sell up and leave Britain"
- Source for some of the above:  Celebrity Homes on money.scotsman.com]