Saint James School of Medicine
|Saint James School of Medicine|
|President||Kallol Guha, PhD, DSc|
|Dean||Ravinder Kenue, MSc, PhD|
Park Ridge, Illinois
Basic Science Campuses:
• Kralendijk, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands
• The Quarter, Anguilla, British Overseas Territories
Saint James School of Medicine (SJSM) is a private, for-profit medical school headquartered in Park Ridge, Illinois with basic science campuses in Kralendijk, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands and the British Overseas Territory of Anguilla. Saint James confers upon its graduates the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
The MD program at Saint James is a 10 semester course of study that consists of three semesters per calendar year. Semesters 1-4 are basic sciences semesters that are completed at either the Bonaire or Anguilla campus. Bonaire has two locations on the island, one main Campus (MD3-4) and other location near the coast usually for pre-med, MD1-2. Semester 5 (Advanced Introduction to Clinical Medicine) is completed at Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Semesters 6-10 consist of 96 weeks of clinical study that are completed at affiliated hospitals and clinical facilities in the United States.
In June 2011, the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP) granted initial accreditation as a developing school to the university's Anguilla campus.
- "Affordable Carribean med school in Bonaire". Bonaire.sjsm.org. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "IMED - FAIMER International Medical Education Directory - School Details". Imed.faimer.org. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- [dead link]
- "Life of a Medical Student: New Campus [Bonaire]". Medstulife.com. 2010-10-31. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Saint James School of Medicine, Anguilla : Initial Accreditation as a Developing School". Caam-hp.org. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Saint James School of Medicine’s top MD Program". Bonaire.sjsm.org. 2014-01-07. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Avicenna Directories - Show school". Avicennadb.ku.dk. Retrieved 2014-02-09.