Saint John's Health Center
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Saint John's Regional Medical Center, various.
|Saint John's Health Center|
|Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System|
|Location||2121 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
List of notable patients
- Former US President Ronald Reagan, 2001, taken to St. John's after falling and was determined to have a broken hip.
- Former First Lady of the United States Nancy Reagan, February 17, 2008, taken to St. John's after falling in her Bel Air home.
- Jazz singer Nat King Cole died here on February 15, 1965 of lung cancer.
- Actor Richard Burton was treated there in 1974 for alcoholism.
- Playboy Playmate Melissa Holliday underwent Electroconvulsive Therapy here.
- Actresses Katie Holmes, Bridget Moynahan, and Brooke Shields gave birth here.
- Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger was treated here for six broken ribs after a motorcycle accident, and received fifteen stitches here after a skiing accident.
- First Lady of California Maria Shriver gave birth here and had a nursery ward named in her honor.
- Actor Owen Wilson (reportedly attempted suicide; later transferred to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center)
- Comedian George Carlin - Died here of heart failure on Sunday June 22, 2008 at age 71.
- Animator Bill Meléndez - Died here on Tuesday September 2, 2008 at age 91.
- Actor Patrick McGoohan - Died here on Tuesday January 13, 2009 at age 80.
- Actor Dom DeLuise - Died here on Monday May 4, 2009 at age 75.
- Actress Farrah Fawcett - Died here on Thursday June 25, 2009 at 9:28am PST at age 62 of anal cancer.
- Actor Harve Presnell - Died here on Tuesday June 30, 2009 at age 75.
- Director Blake Edwards - Died here on Wednesday December 15, 2010 at age 88 from complications from pneumonia.
- Television personality Dick Clark - Died here on Wednesday April 18, 2012 at age 82 of a heart attack.
- Pianist Martha Argerich - Treated here after her melanoma spread to her lungs. After she recovered, she gave a special concert benefiting the hospital.
- Actress Mariska Hargitay was born here on January 23, 1964.
- Ronald Reagan Breaks Hip in Fall - AP Online - HighBeam Research
- "Former First Lady Nancy Reagan Hospitalized After Fall". Fox News. February 18, 2008.
- Bragg, Melvyn (1988). Richard Burton: A Life. Boston, Massachusetts: Little Brown and Co. ISBN 978-0446359382.
- Makeig, John (1996-06-26). "Woman Says Electric Shock Treatment Destroyed Her Life". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- Access Hollywood
- Error - BostonHerald.com
- Bridget Moynahan Welcomes a Baby Boy - Bridget Moynahan, Tom Brady : People.com
- Brooke on Cruise Baby: 'Irony Is Perfect' - Brooke Shields : People.com
- cbs13.com - Gov. Schwarzenegger OK After Motorcycle Mishap
- Health News-Saint John's Unveils The Maria Shriver Nursery
- Connell, Rich; Song, Jason (June 23, 2008). "George Carlin, 71; comedian tested limits of speech and society". The Los Angeles Times.
- McLellan, Dennis (January 15, 2009). "Patrick McGoohan dies at 80; TV's 'Secret Agent' and 'Prisoner'". The Los Angeles Times.
- McLellan, Dennis (May 6, 2009). "Dom DeLuise dies at 75; actor was a 'naturally funny man'". The Los Angeles Times.
- "Farrah Fawcett Dies At 62". Huffington Post. June 25, 2009.
- Boucher, Geoff (April 19, 2012). "Dick Clark dies at 82; he introduced America to rock 'n' roll". Los Angeles Times.
- Saint John's Health Center Official Website
- Saint John's Health Center Foundation
- Saint John's Health Center Provider Profile
- This hospital in the CA Healthcare Atlas A project by OSHPD