Saint Jude (band)
|Genres||Blues rock, hard rock, Southern rock, soul, British rock|
Saint Jude are a London-based rock and soul band fronted by vocalist Lynne Jackaman.
They released their debut Diary Of A Soul Fiend record in September, 2010, which was produced by erstwhile Rolling Stones producer Chris Kimsey. In January, 2010 they were joined on stage by Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood at London's 100 Club.
On December 11, 2011, they were named Classic Rock magazine's "Gig of the Week." They played Germany's legendary Rockpalast venue (which was later broadcast on WDR), Rhythm Festival, Off The Tracks Festival, Cornbury Festival, High Voltage Festival, the UK leg of Sonisphere Festival, and completed a mini tour of the UK in December, finishing with a headline slot at London's Scala venue. They were also nominated Best New Band at the 2011 Classic Rock Roll Of Honour.
In 2012 Saint Jude began writing for their follow-up to 2010's Diary Of A Soul Fiend. On November 8, 2012, they announced a PledgeMusic campaign for an upcoming EP, to be released in February 2013, entitled Ladies & Gents.
- Current members
- Lynne Jackaman - vocals (founding member)
- Lee Cook - drums (founding member)
- Marcus Bonfanti - guitar
- Matt Gest - keyboards
- Scott Wiber - bass
- Former members
- Adam Green (died 2012) - guitar
- Ivor Sims - guitar
- Elliot Mortimer - keyboards
- Joe Glossop - keyboards
- Colin Palmer - bass
- Studio albums
- Diary Of A Soul Fiend (2010) (Line-Up: Jackaman, Green, Mortimer, Cook & Palmer)
- Ladies & Gents (2013)
- The Guardian: This Week's New Music
- Counterpunch: An interrview with legendary rock producer Chris Kimsey
- Tribune review: February 5, 2010
- Saint Jude: Rockpalast Crossroads Festival
- Planet Rock: Saint Jude to play UK Dates
- Classic Rock: Gig Of The Week