Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
The Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (SLSDC) is an agency of the United States Department of Transportation. The SLSDC is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of marine traffic through the U.S.-owned and operated facilities of the Saint Lawrence Seaway, which consists of 2 of the 15 locks between Montreal and Lake Erie. The Corporation plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the waterway remains a safe and well-managed system, which it shares with its Canadian counterpart, the Saint Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation.
- Saint Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation: management of the Seaway in Canada
- List of navigation authorities in the United States
- "U.S. Department of Transportation - Fiscal Year 2009 Budget In Brief". U.S. Department of Transportation. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Betty Sutton, former congresswoman to be appointed to head Saint Lawrence Seaway agency". cleveland.com (Cleveland Plain Dealer). 24 July 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
- Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation in the Federal Register
|This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|