Saint Marys Township, Auglaize County, Ohio
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Noble Township - north
- Moulton Township - northeast corner
- Washington Township - east
- Van Buren Township, Shelby County - southeast
- German Township - south
- Franklin Township, Mercer County - west
- Jefferson Township, Mercer County - northwest
Name and history
It is the only Saint Marys Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The northern portion of the township is served by the Saint Marys (45885) post office, with the southern portions being split between the New Bremen (45869) and the New Knoxville (45871) post offices.
The majority of the township is in the Saint Marys City School District with the southern portions being split between the New Bremen Local School District and the New Knoxville Local School District. Saint Marys' high school is St. Marys Memorial High School, with the nickname, the "Rough Riders". The school is active in the Western Buckeye League (WBL) in sports. The football team has won three state championships in division 2, in 1990, 1992 and 1993. In 2004 they were state runners up in division 3.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): St. Marys township, Auglaize County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 45. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Auglaize County, Ohio Atlas and History, Piqua: Magee Brother Publishing , 1917. Accessed 05 July 2007. Page 101.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.