Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers
|Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers|
The cover of Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Competitive Multiplayer|
Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers (聖闘士星矢 ブレイブ・ソルジャーズ Seinto Seiya Bureibu Sorujāzu?) is a video game developed by Dimps and Namco Bandai Games featuring the characters and story of Masami Kurumada's Saint Seiya manga. It was released exclusively for the PlayStation 3 in Japan on October 17, 2013, November 22, 2013 in Europe and November 26, 2013 in North America, and it's also the first Saint Seiya game to be released in North America.
A sequel, Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul, was announced on April 12, 2015.
Brave Soldiers is a fighting game featuring over 50 characters from the Saint Seiya manga. The super gauge in the game is referred to as the Cosmo Gauge (小宇宙ゲージ Kosumo Gēji?), which characters use to perform their finishing attacks, Burst Dash (バーストダッシュ Bāsuto Dasshu?), Burst Attack (バースト攻撃 Bāsuto Kōgeki?), Seven Senses Awakening (セブンセンシズ覚醒 Sebun Senshizu Kakusei?), and their special Big Bang Attacks (ビッグバンアタック Bigu Ban Atakku?). A character's strength can be increased through the use of an Orb (オーブ Ōbu?). The Saint Chronicle (セイントクロニクル Seinto Kuronikuru?) game mode has the player progress through battles based on the three main arcs of the original manga: the Sanctuary arc, the Poseidon arc, and the Hades arc. Also in the game is the Galaxian Wars (ギャラクシアンウォーズ Gyarakushian Wōzu?) mode, a tournament mode.
Many of the playable characters have multiple forms that are separate playable characters, each with unique move sets and Big Bang Attacks.
Grant E. Gaines of Hardcore Gamer gave the game a 2.5/5, stating that "while the single player offers a decent experience, the dumb AI and simple mechanics will limit your fun." Adam Ma of Gaming Union scored the game at 6/10 and praised the game for its emulation of the anime series. However, he also highlighted that this same quality was also its main weakness "Brave Soldiers is not a game designed to be balanced, but rather a game designed to emulate the show with the greatest accuracy possible."
- "News: Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers Cosmic Orb Feature Detailed and Screens". Gamershell.com. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers is coming to North America". Destructoid. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Ishaan . July 19, 2013 . 11:00am (2013-07-19). "Namco Releasing Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers In U.S. To Gauge The Fanbase". Siliconera.com. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Gaines, Grant E. (26 November 2013). "Review: Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Adam Ma (2013-12-17). "Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers Review". Gaming Union. Retrieved 2014-01-11.