Location within Deux-Montagnes RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 1, 1960|
|• Mayor||Sonia Paulus|
|• Federal riding||Rivière-des-Mille-Îles|
|• Prov. riding||Mirabel|
|• Total||12.80 km2 (4.94 sq mi)|
|• Land||9.31 km2 (3.59 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,684.5/km2 (4,363/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||38.7%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac is an off-island suburb of Montreal, in the Canadian province of Quebec, located in the Deux-Montagnes Regional County Municipality. It is crossed from east to west by road 344, commonly known as Oka road. The town shares its borders with Deux-Montagnes to the east, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac to the west, the lake of Two-Mountains to the south and Saint-Eustache to the north.
It shares police, firefighters, waterworks and other services with the city of Deux-Montagnes.
Formerly known as a rural town where most of its inhabitants were seasonal vacationers, since 1995, the population as grown from 8,300 people to 11,300 in 2006 up to almost 15,000 nowadays.
- Population in 2011: 15689 (2006 to 2011 population change: 38.7%)
- Population in 2006: 11,311 (2001 to 2006 population change: 29.4%)
- Population in 2001: 8,742
- Population in 1996: 8,295
- Population in 1991: 7,410
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 6039 (total dwellings: 6167)
- English as first language: 6.5%
- French as first language: 89.1%
- English and French as first language: 1.2%
- Other as first language: 3.2%
The Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles (CSSMI) operates Francophone schools. This community has two elementary schools (Horizon-du-Lac and Des-Lucioles) and one high school (École secondaire Liberté-Jeunesse).
Anglophone schools are operated by the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Lake of Two Mountains High School in Deux-Montagnes serves this community. Mountainview Elementary School and Saint Jude Elementary School, both in Deux-Montagnes, also serve this community.
- Reference number 56331 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (French)
- Geographic code 72015 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (French)
- "(Code 2472015) Census Profile". 2011 census. Statistics Canada. 2012.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- "Admission et inscription." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles. Retrieved on December 7, 2014. "La Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles (CSSMI) offre ses services aux résidents des municipalités de : Blainville, Boisbriand, Bois-des-Filion, Deux-Montagnes, Lorraine, Mirabel (Saint-Augustin, Saint-Benoît, Sainte-Scholastique et secteur du Domaine-Vert), Oka, Pointe-Calumet, Rosemère, Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Sainte-Thérèse, Saint-Eustache, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, Saint-Placide et Terrebonne Ouest."
- "Overview." Lake of Two Mountains High School. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Mountainview Elementary Zone." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Saint Jude Elementary School Zone Map." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
|Pointe-Calumet||Lake of Two Mountains / Montreal (L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève)|