|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2008)|
Saipa Diesel Company, originally branded Iran Kaveh, is an Iranian-based manufacturer of trucks and trailers.
The company began operations in 1963 under an exclusive agreement with Mack Trucks to assemble their trucks and various types of trailers. By 1978, the factory was producing a total of 7,512 units.
During the years 1979-1984, the company began assembling a wider variety of vehicles in both the cargo and passenger sectors, in order to prevent the shutdown of the factory and make use of existing capacities. In 1984, having carried out studies on restarting the truck production line, a contract was concluded for the production of Volvo F4x2, 6x2, and 6x4 trucks. In the same year, another agreement was sealed with Goša (Gosha),[verification needed] a former Yugoslavian company, to produce platform semi-trailers.
Beginning in 2000, Iranian truck fleets running on international roads were being stopped at European frontiers due to their non-conformity to European environmental standards. Saipa Diesel committed itself to helping international transportation companies out of their plight by introducing Volvo FH12 and NH12 trucks. Since 2001, they have been equipped with Euro II & III engines, meeting the European requirements, and Saipa has captured 90% of the local market share.
Saipa Diesel has also taken on the responsibility of updating the Iranian truck fleets. Besides the production of heavy trucks, there was a need to fill the gap in light and medium trucks, which were mostly out-dated models. Volvo FM & Renault Midlum trucks were added to the range of the company's products.
Present & future
At present, Saipa Diesel's annual production capacity is 20,000 units of different types of trucks and 6,000 units of various types of trailers and truck bodies. Several actions have contributed to the company's current position as domestic market leader.
- Investment and development of production and technology sections.
- Expanding subsidiary companies.
- Renovation of the domestic transportation fleets.
- Up-dating products to conform to standards worldwide.
- Establishment of an Integrated Workplace Management System.
- Gaining certificates in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Introducing state-of-the-art midibuses and minibuses.
- Mahsun T18,Y21
- Saipa Diesel official site
- Saipa Diesel Co. Tehran company profile, news, and business information | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared
- Saipa Diesel Company: Private Company Information - Businessweek