Sajal K. Das
|Sajal K. Das|
Sajal K. Das
Wireless and Sensor Networks
Mobile and Pervasive Computing
Applied Game Theory
|Institutions||Missouri University of Science and Technology|
Sajal K. Das is the chair of the Computer Science department and the Daniel St. Clair Endowed Chair Professor at the Missouri University of Science and Technology (MST). During 2008-2011 he served the US National Science Foundation as a Program Director in the division of Computer Networks and Systems. His research interests include wireless and sensor networks, mobile and pervasive computing, smart environments and smart health care, pervasive security, biological networking, applied graph theory and game theory. His research on wireless sensor networks and pervasive and mobile computing is widely recognized as pioneering.
He is a senior member of the IEEE. He has an Erdős number of 3.
Biography and education
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Calcutta University, 1983
- M.S. degree in Computer Science, Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, 1984
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, University of Central Florida, 1988
- Pervasive and Mobile Computing journal (Elsevier, 2004–present);
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (2003–2011, 2014–present);
- ACM/Springer Wireless Networks Journal (2002–present);
- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (Elsevier, 1997–2003, 2009–present);
- Computer Communications (Elsevier Science, 2009–present);
- Journal on Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (Springer, 2007–present);
- Journal on Self Computing (2013–present)
Publications, patents and books
Das has published over 650 papers, gathering 15,500+ citations according to Google Scholar , and 50 invited book chapters.
He is one of the most prolific authors in the world of computer science according to DBLP . His current h-index is 62.
- Patent # 6,330,451; Title: Selectively Delaying Data Communications in a Wireless Communication System to Provide Voice Communications Capacity; Issued on 12/11/2001.
- Patent # 6,992,994; Title: Methods and Systems for a Generalized Mobility Solution Using a Dynamic Tunneling Agent; Issued on 1/31/2006.
- Patent # 6,992,995; Title: Telecommunication Enhanced Mobile IP Architecture for Intra-Domain Mobility; Issued on 1/31/2006.
- Patent # 7,873,727; Title: System and Method for Evaluating Streaming Multimedia Quality; Issued on 1/18/2011.
- Patent # 7,904,086; Title: Method and Computer Program for Handoﬀ of Mobile Devices between Wireless Systems; Issued on 03/08/2011.
- S. Roy and S. K. Das, Principles of Cyber-Physical Systems: An Interdisciplinary Approach, Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- D. J. Cook and S. K. Das, Smart Environments: Technology, Protocols and Applications, John Wiley, 2005.
- S. K. Das, K. Kant and N. Zhang, Handbook on Securing Cyber-Physical Critical Infrastructure: Foundations and Challenges, Morgan-Kauﬀman, Feb 2012.
- J. Cao and S. K. Das, Mobile Agents in Networking and Distributed Computing (Wiley Series in Agent Technology), John Wiley, July 2012.
- E.T.S. Shelton Professor Award, Science Foundation of Ireland.
- IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award for pioneering contributions in Sensor Networks and Mobile Computing.
- Academy of Distinguished Scholars Award, UT Arlington.
- University Award for Distinguished Record of Research, UT Arlington.
- College of Engineering Outstanding Research Award, UT Arlington.
- Outstanding Faculty Research Award, Dept of Computer Science and Engineering, UT Arlington.
- Centennial Scholars Award for outstanding research, UNT.
- ’Fessor Graham Award Nominee and Decker Scholar Award Nominee, UNT.
- Graduate Dean’s Award for Excellence in Doctoral Students Mentoring, UT Arlington.
- 2008 IEEE Region 5 Outstanding Engineering Educator Award.
- Lockheed Martin Teaching Excellence Award, UT Arlington.
- Student Association Honor Professor Award for outstanding teaching, scholarly research, and involvement with student activities, UNT.
- IEEE Engineer of the Year Award, Ft-Worth Section.
- Distinguished Alumni Award Nominee for outstanding professional achievements, UCF, Orlando.
- Recognition of ACM Service Awards, for contributions as a founder and organizer of the ACM International Workshop on Wireless Mobile Multimedia (WoWMoM).
- IEEE Computer Society’s Appreciation Awards, in recognition of contributions and leadership as General Chair of IEEE MASCOTS (2002, 1998); Vice General Chair of IEEE HiPC.
- Service Recognition Award, UNT.
Best Paper Awards:
- 9th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (MSN’13), Dalian, China, Dec 2013 (with R. Yu and X. Wang)
- 3rd IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (IEEE SmartGridComm’12), Tainan City, Taiwan, Oct 2012 (with G. Ghidini).
- 6th International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness (QShine’09), Spain, Nov 2009 (with N. Roy and C. Julien).
- 5th European Symposium on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN’08), Italy, Jan 2008 (with H. Ammari).
- Workshop on Mobile and Ubiquitous Context Aware Systems and Applications (MUBICA’07), Philadelphia, Aug 2007 (with G. Pallapa).
- Mark Weiser Best Paper Award at the 4th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom’06), Pisa, Italy, Mar 2006 (with N. Roy and A. Roy).
- 16th International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN’02), Cheju Island, Korea, Jan 2002 (with Y. Zhang, K. Taira and H. Takagi).
- 3rd ACM International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless Mobile Systems (MSWiM), Boston, Aug 2000 (with G. Zaruba and I. Chlamtac).
- 5th ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Wireless Networking (Mobicom’99), Seattle, Aug 1999 (with A. Bhattacharya).
- 11th ACM/IEEE Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Simulation (PADS’97), Vienna, Austria, June 1997 (with A. Boukerche).
- SAIC Executive Science and Technology Council (ESTC) Best Paper Award in the Information Technology and Communications Track, “IDMP: An Intra-domain Mobility Management Protocol for Next-Generation Wireless Networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, Mobile and Wireless Internet, Vol. 9, pp. 38-45, June 2002.
- IEEE Workshop on Data Security and Privacy in Wireless Networks (DSPAN), 2009.
- IEEE Int’l Workshop on Information Quality in Sensor Networks (IQ2S), 2009.
- IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), 2003.
- International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN), 2002.
- IEEE Int’l Workshop on Mobile Distributed Computing (MDC), 2003.
- IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless Mobile Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), 1998.