Sajid Khan (director)
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Sajid khan art director. (Discuss) Proposed since April 2015.|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: citations not proper. (August 2014)|
|Born||Sajid Kamran Khan
|Occupation||Film Director, Film actor, Television presenter|
Sajid Kamran Khan (born November 23, 1971) is an Indian filmmaker, scriptwriter, talk show host, presenter and actor, known for his wit and sense of humour.
Khan was born on 23rd November, 1971 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, to actor Kamran Khan and Menaka Irani. Sajid Khan has one sister, Farah Khan, who is a choreographer, director, producer and actor by profession. Shirish Kunder, who is a producer, editor and director, is his brother-in-law. Filmmakers Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar are his maternal cousins. His aunts, Daisy Irani and Honey Irani are Bollywood veterans.
Known for his sense of humour, Khan entered the Entertainment Industry to make it to the big screen. Among the great comedians, he idolizes Groucho Marx, then Kishore Kumar and the third in the list is Kader Khan.
Early Life and Education
- Khan completed his schooling from Maneckji Cooper (ICSE) and went on to Mithibai College to complete his graduation.
- At the age of 16, Sajid started DJ-ing through college at various parties and social events and started getting popular of his jokes and one liners in between songs which led to his debut on television in a show called “Main Bhi Detective”.
- A film buff, Sajid used to take his neighbour who was a wedding videographer and make amateur films with his equipment.
Khan started his career as a host of the TV show Main Bhi Detective in 1995.
He then hosted a music countdown show ‘Ikke Pe Ikka’ on Zee Cinema – 1996. The show entered the Limca Book of Records as the longest running countdown show to be aired on Indian television with the same host.
He also did a stand-up comedy show Sajid No.1 on Star Plus in the late 1990s. His next show Super SaIe was an Indian version of Sale of the Century which came in the year 2005. In 2008, he hosted a talk show Sajid's Superstars also judged India's Got Talent Season 2 both on Colors.
Khan has credible experience of hosting award ceremonies and has hosted Star Screen Awards 4 years in a row, Apsara Awards, StarDust Awards, Sansui Viewers Choice Awards & Zee Awards.
Khan started his directorial career with the movie Darna Zaroori Hai (2006) which had six short stories, in which he helmed 1 story – the story about an imaginary ghost (starring Amitabh Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh) called the graveyard. He then made Heyy Babyy which was well received at the box-office (2007) 54 days shooting. He went on to direct other movies like Housefull (2010) and Housefull 2 (2012) which fared well at the box office. He also directed the remake of Himmatwala (2013). His next directorial venture was Humshakals (2014), in which actors Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh and Ram Kapoor played triple roles.
Khan also acted in the movie Jhooth Bole Kauwa Kaate (1998) alongside actors Anil Kapoor and Juhi Chawla. He also made a brief appearance in Main Hoon Na (2004), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) and Happy New Year (2014).
His next film is for Disney UTV Motion Pictures to roll in early 2016.
- As director
- Darna Zaroori Hai (2006)
- Heyy Babyy (2007)
- Housefull (2010)
- Housefull 2 (2012)
- Himmatwala (2013)
- Humshakals (2014) 
- As actor
- Sajid Khan http://www.koimoi.com/director/sajid-khan/ /
- Sajid Khan Wiki and Biography http://www.filmyfolks.com/celebrity/bollywood/sajid-khan.php
- Sajid Khan http://www.koimoi.com/director/sajid-khan/
- InterviewwithtelevisionanchorSajidKhan http://www.indiantelevision.org.in/interviews/y2k4/actor/sajid_khan.htm
- Interview with television anchor Sajid Khan http://www.indiantelevision.org.in/interviews/y2k4/actor/sajid_khan.htm
- Live Chat: Sajid Khan on August 20 at 1500 hrs IST http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/1193954/Live-Chat-Sajid-Khan-on-August-20-at-1500-hrs-IST
- Laugh it off http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sajid-khan-now-has-a-new-show-kehne-mein-kya-harj-hai-on-sony/1/274940.html
- Selling Sajid's Style http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Super-Sale-review-osrrtptqt
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sajid Khan (director).|
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|