|Industry||Oil and gas industry|
|Roman Dashkov (CEO)|
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd. (Sakhalin Energy) is a consortium for developing the Sakhalin-II oil and gas project with corporate head office in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Sakhalin Energy signed a Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) in 1994 with the Russian Federation, represented by the government of the Russian Federation and the Sakhalin Oblast Government. Sakhalin Energy formed to develop the Piltun-Astokhskoye and the Lunskoye oil and gas fields in the Sea of Okhotsk, offshore Sakhalin island in the Russian Far East. The modern infrastructure is made for Sakhalin-2 project:
- Offshore Molikpaq platform
- Offshore Piltun-Astokhskoye platform
- Offshore Lunskaya platform
- Onshore processing facility
- LNG plant and Oil Export Terminal.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is Roman Dashkov. The company's principal activities are the production and export of oil (since 1999) and liquefied natural gas (from 2009). Company's vision is to be the premier energy source for Asia-Pacific.  The company celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2014.
The current shareholders are:
- Gazprom Sakhalin Holdings B.V. (subsidiary of Gazprom) - 50% plus 1 share
- Shell Sakhalin Holdings B.V. (subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell) - 27.5% minus 1 share
- Mitsui Sakhalin Holdings B.V. (subsidiary of Mitsui)- 12.5%
- Mitsubishi - 10%
Sakhalin Energy paid to the Russian Federation in 2014 almost US$ 6.1 billion (in kind and in cash), US$ 13.6 billion for the entire period of project implementation including:
- Royalties including recalculation for 2008-2014 amounted to:
- US$ 706 million in kind payment; and - US$ 101 million in cash.
- The Russian Party’s production profit share was US$ 949 million. In addition, the 2013 fiscal year profit tax totalled US$ 2.1 billion and dividends totalled US$ 2.1 billion. The amount of income tax – USD 598 mln (since the start of the project – more than USD 700 mln).
Pursuant to the Shareholders Agreement, Roman Dashkov was nominated by OAO Gazprom and approved by other Shareholders. Roman Dashkov takes office on 22 February 2013. Born on April 17th, 1976 in Orenburg.
Before his nomination as Sakhalin Energy’s CEO, Mr. Dashkov has been working as Deputy Director General of Gazprom dobycha Nadym. A graduate of the Gubkin Oil and Gas University and the Plekhanov Economic University, he has extensive experience in engineering, design and management within the system of Gazprom’s affiliates. 
One of his most recent projects is related to the start up of Bovanenkovo gas field on Yamal where the high-tech state of art gas production centre was developed. Participated in patenting of a number of proprietary oil and gas technologies.
In November 2009 Sakhalin Energy joined the United Nations Global Compact. UN Global Compact is the largest international voluntary initiative to promote corporate social responsibility of business. By joining the Global Compact companies and organisations commit to align its operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. The Company’s priority areas of social programmes are identified in the course of consultations with the public. These are:
- environment and biodiversity protection;
- culture and arts; and
- provision of assistance in the development of the indigenous peoples of the North of the Sakhalin Oblast.
The Company does not finance religious or political organisations or parties, or travels if they are the sole result of the project.
Most social projects are implemented in partnership with stakeholders including public organisations and government authorities.
- Energy Social Initiatives Fund
- What to do in Emergency Situations
- Sakhalin Road Safety Council
- Korsakov Partnership Council
- Employees Charity Initiatives
- Sakhalin Indigenous Minorities Development Plan
- Social Investment
- The 80th anniversary of Vladimir Sangi – Nivkhi classic