Sakthan Thampuran Bio-Waste Treatment Plant
|Sakthan Thampuran Bio-Waste Treatment Plant|
|Location||Sakthan Thampuran Nagar, Thrissur|
|Commission date||May, 20013|
|Operator(s)||Thrissur Municipal Corporation|
Sakthan Thampuran Bio-Waste Treatment Plant is the first bio-waste plant in Kerala that uses organic waste converter technology to convert waste in to manure. It is situated in Sakthan Thampuran Nagar, Thrissur city. The plant process vegetable waste generated in Sakthan Thampuran market.
The converter was set up at a cost of Rs 98 lakh on 45 cents of land at the Sakthan Thampuran market. The plant can process 4 tonnes of waste a day and the convertor has the facility to grind 25 kilograms of waste in 10 to 12 minutes. The plant produces manure from the waste without smell which is being sold to public in packets weighing 2 kg. Also it is taken to Kerala Agricultural University and the left over segregation are burned in an incinerator.
- "State’s first bio-waste plant starts". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Organic waste converter at Sakthan market inaugurated". City Journal. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Kerala gets its first bio-waste plant at Thrissur". Urban New Digest. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Compost plant for Sakthan market to treat waste". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Corporation to chalk out plan to treat household waste at source". CMSIndia. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Thrissur Corp Inspires City". New Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-07-04.