From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sal or Sal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sal may refer the following interests:
- Referring a nickname for a person:
- Salman Khan (educator) is an american educator, entrepreneur and founder of Khan Academy.
- Salvatore 'Sal' Mineo, Jr. was an American film and theater actor.
- Salvatore 'Sal' Leonard Bando was a former third baseman and executive in professional baseball.
- Salvador 'Sal' B. Castro was a Mexican-American educator and activist.
- Salvador 'Sal' Iacono (Cousin Sal) is an American comedian, writer and game show host.
- Sal Abruscato is a former drummer for Type O Negative.
- Sal, a character in the sci-fi animated TV series Futurama
- Sal Minella, a Muppet chimpanzee
- Sal, Cape Verde, an island in Cape Verde
- Sal, Iran, a village in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
- Sal River (India), a river in Goa
- Sal River (Russia), a river in Russia
- Sal (film), a 2011 film
- Sal (tree) (Shorea robusta), a tree found in the Indian Subcontinent that is an important source of hardwood timber
- Sal languages, a family of Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in eastern India and Burma
- Laffing Sal, an automated character built primarily for funhouses throughout the United States
Sal. as an abbreviation may refer to:
- Latin term sometimes used in chemistry for a salt
- Salutis, as in the phrase "Anno Salutis", abbreviated "Ao. Sal.", "in the year of"
- Abbreviation of Salutation
SAL or S.A.L. (acronym) may refer to:
- stitch-a-long There are several different kinds. Stitchers may gather in person and work on the same project together or members of a board or forum may work at the same time and post photos documenting their project.
- El Salvador International Airport, IATA code "SAL"
- Surface Air Lifted, postal classification
- Seaboard Air Line Railroad
- Saharan Air Layer
- SAL 9000 fictional computer in 2010: Odyssey Two
- The South Atlantic League, a minor US baseball league
- Swedish American Line, an ocean liner and cruise ship operator that existed between 1915 and 1986
- Saskatchewan Accelerator Laboratory
- Sociedade de Aviação Ligeira, an Angola airline
- Source Annotation Language, annotations related to computer programs
- The Chapman code for Shropshire
- Structural Adjustment Loans, an economic tool supported by the World Bank
- Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens, former alternative name of South African Airways
- Sterility assurance level in microbiology
- The salivary lipocalin, SAL, the pig major urinary protein homologue
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.