|Founded||Salem, New Hampshire, United States (1990 )|
|Founder||Sal Lupoli |
|Headquarters||Lawrence, Massachusetts, United States |
|Sal Lupoli (CEO)|
|Products||Pizza, pasta, calzone, chicken wings, desserts|
Number of employees
|300 (2007) |
Sal's Pizza is a New England chain of Italian restaurants that specializes in pizza. The chain is owned by Sal's Group, owner of Salvatores, Mary's Pasta & Sandwiches and Riverwalk Properties. They also operate one location in California, one in Florida, one in Arizona, one in Mumbai, India and several locations in Auckland, New Zealand. The company offers franchising, and they are known for offering a three-pound, 19-inch pizza. The company's franchises prepare a combined total of over 60,000 pizzas weekly.
Sal's Pizza originally opened as just a single store in Salem, New Hampshire by Sal and Nick Lupoli in 1990. The first store opened at a time when Italian-based restaurant chains began to popularize. The store then spawned franchises, and quickly grew to operate stores throughout the Boston and southern New Hampshire areas as their two brothers decided to join the business.
In 2006, the company received the Citizens Bank-New Hampshire Business Review Not Your Typical Business Award.
- "Real estate proves ideal topping for pizza chain".
- Salvatore's sliding into Seaport site (subscription required)
- Sal's Pizza: Companies
- Nesin, Marjorie (2011-03-04). "Sal's Pizza will open a restaurant in Peabody March 9". The Boston Globe.
- "Locations". Sals-pizza.com. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Connors, Molly (2010-01-14). "It's all in the family at Sal's Pizza in Norwell". The Boston Globe.
- Restaurant Profile (subscription required)
- Hughes, Vanessa (June 1, 2002). "Sal's is more than Just Pizza". Lowell Sun. Retrieved 2013-04-27. (subscription required)
- "Sal Lupoli, president of Sal's Pizza, center, accepted the honor on behalf of his company as the November winner of the Citizens Bank-New Hampshire Business Review Not Your Typical Business Award". New Hampshire Business Review. December 22, 2006. Retrieved 2013-04-27. (subscription required)
||This article is incomplete. (May 2013)|
- Rudavsky, Shari (August 2, 2003). "Nicholas Lupolo, 61; Helped expand family's pizza business". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2013-04-27. (subscription required)
- Billue, Wendy (June 3, 2009). "Sal's Pizza in North Suffolk is a hit". The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Larcen, Donna (February 5, 1998). "Sal's Pizza & Pasta". Hartford Courant. Retrieved 2013-04-27. (subscription required)
- Grillo, Thomas (June 9, 2009). "Suffolk signs Sal’s Pizza". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Donelan, Marisa (September 8, 2009). "Sal's Pizza franchise could open in Leominster by October". Sentinel & Enterprise. Retrieved 2013-04-27. (subscription required)
- "When Campbell stands in for Boston, Sal's Pizza (like Patriot's) are for real". San Jose Mercury News. December 20, 2007. Retrieved 2013-04-27. (subscription required)