|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Kubang Kerian, Kelantan
21 March 2004 – 5 May 2013
|Preceded by||Husam Musa|
|Succeeded by||Ahmad Baihaki Atiqullah|
1 December 1961 |
Pontian, Johor, Federation of Malaya
|Political party||PAS–Pakatan Rakyat|
Salahuddin Ayub is a Malaysian politician and a former member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Kubang Kerian constituency in Kelantan. He is a member of the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) in the Pakatan Rakyat opposition coalition. He is a vice-president of PAS, and a former head of PAS's youth wing.
Salahuddin was born on 1 December 1961 in Kampung Serkat, Tanjung Piai, Pontian, Johor, and went to school in Pontian. He studied a Diploma in Business Administration at Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (KTAR) (1982–1983) and graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Human Resource Management) from Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
Salahuddin was elected to the federal parliament for the seat of Kubang Kerian at the 2004 general election. He was re-elected in 2008. For the 2013 election he returned to his home state of Johor to contest the seat of Pulai, losing to its Barisan Nasional incumbent Nur Jazlan Mohamed. He also contested, and lost, the Johor State Legislative Assembly seat of Nusajaya.
|2004||P24 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan||Salahuddin Ayub (PAS)||21,430||56%||Ahmad Rusli Iberahim (UMNO)||15,803||41%|
|2008||Salahuddin Ayub (PAS)||27,179||61%||Ab Ghani Mamat (UMNO)||16,537||37%|
|2013||P161 Pulai, Johor||Salahuddin Ayub (PAS)||40,525||47.25%||Nur Jazlan Mohamed (UMNO)||43,751||51.07%|
|2013||Salahuddin Ayub (PAS)||20,965||46.58%||Zaini Abu Bakar (UMNO)||23,166||51.48%|
- "Salahuddin bin Haji Ayub, Y.B. Tuan" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 27 May 2010.[dead link]
- "PAS Government stands firm". New Straits Times. 30 April 1996. Retrieved 22 December 2009.
- "Rising star assured of PAS Youth post". The Star (Star Publications). 10 September 2003. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- "PAS Names Candidates Except For Gua Musang, Jeli". Berita Wilayah Eastern Region (Bernama). 22 February 2008. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- Lim, Joyce (29 April 2013). "Touting their mixed ethnic heritage to win votes". Straits Times. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Pas confirms Salahuddin will stand in Pulai". New Straits Times. 2 April 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 27 May 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysian Election Data". Malaysiakini. Retrieved 19 April 2013. Percentage figures based on total turnout.